S1000RR stolen in Albany

A friend of mine had his 2011 Thunder Gray BMW S1000RR stolen between 1 and 6am this morning on eagle street directly across from the governors mansion. The bike was locked up and covered any help getting this thing back would be nice. 1700-1800 miles on it, no chicken strip left on rear tire, all stock still.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9086/22316614983701174611780.jpg
By midthrust at 2011-06-22

his name wouldnt happen to be adam would it?

What did they come with a truck and throw it in?

ugh, sorry to hear this

i know there’s a kid named josh with a silverado that likes to steal bikes lol he just got in some deep shit for snaggin a bike a while ago…wouldnt surprise me if this was his doing

His name is Joe, real good guy.

gotcha, a buddy of mine who recently came back from deployment has the same bike and i know he’d go postal on whoever took it if he found out who it was

Im guessing yes.

This guy is a former marine himself.

It’s going to be hard to tell a stock bike apart if we see it for sale or in a group somewhere :frowning:

oh so there will be a similar outcome lol

I presume at least the insurance covered it?

yeah full coverage on the bike but it still blows.

Wow, that sucks.

When you said “locked up”, do you mean it is locked up inside a structure? or just locked up but parked on the street?

It was locked with a 3/4 cable with a cover on it. The cover and seat were lying on the ground next to the cut cable.

Oh :wow

That’s dedication.

Best of luck, I’ll keep my eye out.

are there any distinguishable features? Scratches, mods?

Is the VIN tag easily visible from outside?

It was stock. Like my friend above said, the rear tire was worn to the edges, and there was a deep scratch in the area the the left seat screw would be.

Why stolen?

Because Race Bike

Holy shit. Sorry for the loss man. At least you have insurance.

Are you the owner? Just wondering.

Most likely the bike will be parted out. I would post on the S1000RR forums and all the club racing forums to have people watch out for parts and or bike with no title. Also I would post up the VIN of the bike and make people aware of it.

How can people get away with parting out a bike like this? BMW must put the vin on everything.