S12 Vs. IS300

Hey,

Im really conflicted here and could use some opinions. I currently own a Nissan S12, and have an oppurtunity to get one of my favorite cars an '04 Lexus IS300. Im deathly in love with the S12, have owned it for about a year and a half now. It’s coming along the way I want and everything, but the IS300 is SOSOSOSO tempting.

S12
1985 - emission exempt
111,xxx km
no chassis rust, only slight bubbling along the edge of the hood
SSR mk1 wheels
180sx brakes

IS300
130,000km
black, very clean
5 speed

On that note, how much do you think my S12 would go for (if I chose to sell it)? Because I really have no idea of it’s real value. Im sure most people know what my car looks like, or have seen a picture. If not, here are some:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2440/3869284834_61a55257a8.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2469/3868496011_0e9aea0462.jpg

Bro your crazy to even think about giving up your S12 for an IS300… Like WTF seriously?
If your S12 was a piece of shit rust bucket then yeah maybe, but you have a mint S12 how many of those do you see around and especialy in good condition?.. Now how many IS300’s do you see around? Yes exactly every Lee, Chang and Kim has one… I bet you could drive down to Yorkdale mall right now and find at least 10 IS300’s in the parking lot.

If your passionate about your car hold on to it…

More of you people need to watch “Love the Beast”… then you will understand…

your S12 is worth less than $1000.

We have an IS300 at the shop right now, and it sucks.

Not for daily or anything like that, just performance wise.

I would never choose an S12 over an IS300. I know that they’re not exactly a brilliant performer stock, but there’s a lot of good stuff you can do with those cars.

Gas will run you a good $50-60 and only get you 400kms-ish a tank.

hold on to the S12 man
to come across another one in that kind of shape i think would be very hard to do your be able to find a IS300 in every auto trader you pick up on the street

Personally i just think if you were to sell/trade/what ever with your s12 for a IS300 your be happy and excited , then a few weeks later your have a giant pit in your stomach where your love of your S12 was

get the is one of myfav cars lol

I know S12’s aren’t worth much, that’s another dillema, I wouldn’t be able to sell it for too much, it’s worth more to just keep.

I don’t want to modify the IS either, I just want it for a daily driver… The s12 goes into storage for winter every year and i just grab the metropass and bus everywhere I need to go…

waste of cash… finish the CA18DET swap or else.

CA18DET is auto-fail

Seeing as though you won’t be able to get too much for the S12, you should at least keep it and get the IS300 as well.

If having two cars isn’t an option (isn’t for me), then keep the S12!!!

Save the IS300 for the day you become a grandfather.

IS300…

give the s12 to me? k thx