S13 LS1 swap?

Debating on starting a new project.

I’ve searched around on Zilvia, club240, etc.

Now, this is what I understand. I will need

LSx complete longblock, T56 (6-speed :burnout: , ECU, wiring harness, clutch master cylinder, fuel pump (aftermarket,) engine mounts, and headers (tight fit, no big deal.)

I will also “need” some of the stuff from HinsonSuperCars - driveshaft, the bushing/spacer kit so the tranny clears the tunnel, GTO oil pan, and any other misc. from that site.

Once this is all in, is this a fairly drop-in ordeal? I know I have to wire stuff, etc, I’m wondering if I’m missing any big pieces, or if anyone has any advice.

Thanks,

Jesse

You going to run the stock rear end with a manual transmission?

Hinson claims the stock rear end is fine.

Also, this won’t be modded much. Just a few small bolt on to get the car to mid-high 11’s :slight_smile:

I got the drop out

that’ll b sick when its done

it shouldn’t be too bad to do. i would be curious to see how well the kit works though. if you do the swap i would be interested in checking it out.

lets help hin do it!

can do a tune for you if you need it.

i highly doubt that rear could hold up to the LSX launches

quik, are you able todo 4.2 tb tunes?

Supposedly S13 is strong rear end. Guys running 9s on stock rears. I would think basically stock LSx motor would be fine.

I think it can be upgraded to 300Z center section, if needed.

yes, just need the credits

Quik, were you thinking the same thing: there’s a lot of low-end torque in LSx motors versus boosted SR20DET’s?

i am up for it :burnout:

Swap the rear end out for a 300zx N/A rear end its a direct bolt in you wont break it. It’s a common upgrade in the twin turbo cars.

seen rears gernade on a 6k launch and i seen the stock 240. i just dont see it holding. but best o luck to everyone

the stock differential is very strong. only weak parts are the axles, but also pretty easily upgraded to the 300zx twin turbo axles. the NA 300zx rear is the exact same thing as the 240 rear end only with a crappy vsicous limited slip unit. They are all based off the R200 diff except for the Twin turbo Z which is the r230.

Well, let’s see if we can get this rolling.

Anyone know of a 240sx for sale? Any year above 1989, 1995-up would be great if I could find one for the right price. Preferebly blown motor/cheap/no rust or large dents/scratches.

the pinks car?

pewter has motors and i have a long block