LS1 swap into a S2000

I mean sure, why the hell not? :eek4dance :bigok:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=521069&st=0

Still in the early stages, but should be cool to watch.

sick :cool:

Awesome.

sweet

sweet what hasn’t the LS1 been installed in lol

wrayzor will die

I WANT ONE :burnout: :burnout:

scion xA???

cool project chris! I’m trying to talk matt into it now ; )

a neon :shrug:

isn’t that what quik wanted to do a while ago?

there is a company in florida that will put an ls1 into anything. they have a supra, an s2000, a s14. the s2000 is pretty bad ass and they are putting in a nissan rear end. what a mut of car

I was thinking the same.

Cool but why would you do that to a motor that has such potential.

:frowning:

300zx rear end is an upgrade for high hp folks

Not just the motor, who would take that car that spectacular already and do that to it. S2000 isn’t made for a straight line which most of us are concerned with, as well as me. But the S is a beast of a time attack machine and to go ruin it like that makes me wanna :puke: and :crying:

The best honda ever

Thats cool I never heard of that. Why the 300ZX does it bolt into the stock rear somehow or is it fabbed in? I must share something back there.

Not just the motor, who would take that car that spectacular already and do that to it. S2000 isn’t made for a straight line which most of us are concerned with, as well as me. But the S is a beast of a time attack machine and to go ruin it like that makes me wanna :puke: and :crying:

Keep in mind, S2000’s blow motors. This is a fact of life as I’ve come to realize. Its a pretty high strung engine so it doesn’t take much if your tinkering with it (boost). Or hell even in SCCA club racing I watched a stock motored S2000 race car blow its motor on Beaverun’s North Track. Not saying the stock engine isn’t reliable and isn’t a good platform to mod (I still prefer the F20 myself). But my guess is every so often someone out there gets a shitty tune or misses a shift at 9000rpm. Then that person figures what the hell and does something like toss a supra or LS1 into it. Honestly I don’t think the LS1 is going to screw the weight up that badly. Depends on how they setup the suspension. Also I think they mentioned they are going to try to avoid using the T56 tranny to save weight. And they are hammering in the firewall in spots to get the LS1 as far back as possible. So it might not be as good as a stock S2000, but I don’t think it would be to far off if they do it right.

someone needs to make an LS1 powered golf cart !

i’d take a LS1 S2k over a LS1 rx7 any day. S2Ks are sick

one of the sites i belong to has an ls1 miata (yeah it fits) and a ls1 powered 04 wrx/sti

:hsugh:

inlinePRO Rear Diff Kit $2,995.00

This kit allows you to mount a Nissan r200 rear differential from a 1990-1996 Non-turbo Nissan 300zx. The kit consists of inlinePRO brackets, driveshaft shop axles, hubs, extended studs, and driveshaft. This kit was created to handle 1,000hp!

^^^this is what ive seen on honda tech and other s2k forums, its a good bit of money, the ap2 rear end is stronger then ap1 rear ends and comptech makes some cryo harden rear end casing and gears

If they put the time and effort in to keep the 50/50 weight it would be awesome…and to touch on the engine part, like the ap1s with the f20 and revving to 9k that is alot of high revs and i can attest because I own one that it is damn near impossible to stay out of it, because it just likes to scream and the gear box is setup for the car to be driven way up in the revs. And I can see if you blow up your engine to go and try something else because s2k motors aren’t too cheap either. I know the ap1 guys swear the f20 is better then the f22 in the ap2s but i’ve driven both and there is a huge difference and i like the f22 much better as a street driven car.

this is actually pretty cool though, i can’t see the pictures cuz im at work but i’ll check them out when i get out of work