Drag Pak S2000 on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300478101749&viewitem=

Looks like fun and is priced decent. :tspry:

Kinda cool, too bad the interior is shitty and theres a little body damage. Price ain’t too bad tho for sure.

meh, if anything the car should be cheaper than a stock one… Pretty sure an LS1 motor is worth less than an AP1 motor ($ wise)

Do want

That is basically the point of an LS1 swap typically. You get a cheaper to maintain drivetrain that will also make more power and have an amazing amount of aftermarket support. The reason the car gains in value is not because of a more expensive motor haha. Have you ever looked into LS1 swaps? By the time you have all of the conversion parts it is not cheap at all.

It looks beat.

Add in the amount of labor that went into it as well. Swapped cars be a gamble though, could be a total hackjob, which is why I wouldn’t pay more than stock one’s go for unless it appears to be meticulously built.

9k is fun, but so is torque, it comes down to how much weight it adds to the front end. Handling is the point of an s2k afterall.

Aluminum ls1 engines weigh far less than most v6 or other v8 motors

From ebay ad

The car should be actually lighter (barely less than 50lbs) than it was when I bought it with the stock motor and supercharger

LS1s are not heavy.

Swapped cars can certainly be a handful but i don’t think people should expect them to be like factory. This guy has done 4-5 other ls1 swaps that were on v8rx7 so I am sure the work is legit. That said the car deff needs some TLC it appears. But I don’t think buying LS1 swapped cars at market value of said car is typically realistic. Seeing what these local s2k guys did this season no way id swap one.

Cars like this are really making me think about pulling the trigger on something rwd.

RWD = many funs

looks good, it is most definitely worth the price but id never pay it just because of the fact that it could be a hackjob. but this is the exact swap that im going to be doing this winter or at the latest next. just waiting on a cheap s2k

From what I see, the F20C with no accessories is about 210 lbs, and the LS1 with no accessories is about 420 lbs.

200ish LBS up front isnt going to help handling, and I think you need to hack some stuff up to get a LS1 to fit in the S2K…

God I hate when people … at the end when they make what they think is a profound point.

Either way this car sux because I wouldn’t drive a Honda no matter wtf drivetrain you put in it…

This…

I know it’s not what we’re talking about, but an LS1 240/280z ends up with a REAR weight bias a lot of the time. The t56 is such a monster compared to almost any import tranny.

ahhh no vtec powaaa… wow this would make me buy a honda if it had a v8

Seriously? I’ve driven a supercharged S2k and it was a blast. It’s not like it’s a camry.

A car doesn’t suck because you wouldn’t drive it. You wouldn’t drive it because it sucks.

first launch and the rearend will probably grenade. its probably close to happening

I was just being an ass. Although I do honestly have no interest in s2k’s they are not too bad. Although the near stock one I drove did very little for me at all. I do think they can look pretty good though.

Anyhow it is stated that this is less weight then the s2k was with the blower on it. Therefore the fun and handling is obv still there not as if many people on nyspeed would ever notice a 100-200lbs difference in the handling of a car. Especially when we get into the technology available for adjustable suspensions and what not.

My point is that installing an LS1 does not ruin handling like some people ALWAYS want to try to bring up. No matter how much you can prove this to them. It is ALWAYS brought up.

Not to mention :

No A/C, PS, Cruise… that’s a lot of weight bye bye also