240 Rear End

I Was wondering on a S13 with the nice one wheel peel, what would be done to give the car posi? i seen someone on here who swapped in a mustang rear end with posi, i tried looking this up whether or not the S14 have posi-trac but i couldnt find it… also what are the benifits to say swapping in a s14 rear over a ford/chevy rear or the other options.

look in quaife for lsd, or weld it

stock s13/s14/z32/j30 rear ends (vlsd) ALL swap in with minimal effort and there are a TON of aftermarket companies that make aftermarket differentials. this questions is like “who makes an intake for a 9x civic” :stuck_out_tongue:

i have an s13. i just welded the diff. its cheap and simple

thanks

be careful if your going to buy a stock lsd. not all s14’s came with lsd it was an option. even some of the s14 se’s came non lsd. just weld it and get it done with. unless u want to drop 750+ on an after market.

what are you using the car for? welding it is not for everyone…

quoted for truth…

jus normal driving-hard driving, about 300-500 whp maybe, i want the rear to be able to hold up, i wont be using the KA, Havent really decided between rb,sr or vg yet… nor do i have the funds but i want to plan everythng out

just get a 300zx diff then it’ll be fine

300zx diff also requries different axles.

i have a 91+ parts car in St. catharines with a VLSD in it… normally they go for a couple hundred bucks, more in the US becuase they are rarer.

if you feel like getting under it (it’s outside) and removing the diff you can have it for $75.

also… 'Posi" is an American Manufacturers branding term, like Hemi… it doesnt mean anything. The term used by non-americans is limited slip differential… gawd, i hate it when guys convert over to jap scrap and talk about posi trac…lol…

sorry i have a trans am i was just looking for the same idea but thanks ill see what i can do…

also would the stock 240 axles be able to handle that much power?

yeah i checked prices and basically all the LSD for S13’s are 700+, so would it be cheaper then with labor to swap in the whole z32 rear end, or just spend the 750$ for a Nismo LSD, i havent really been able to find a whole 300z rear end or prices for that matter

im the one that will be putting a ford 8.8 w/ posi in an s13 chassis, but im only doin it because i already have a built one laying here

FYI, 240’s and 300Z’s have independant rear suspension. Putting a live axle in requires a lot of fab work.

And I prefer the term posi. Lsd is something I used to take 30 minutes before we got out of school so we could watch the pretty colors on the bus ride home. Just like I call tissue ‘kleenex’ and small model cars ‘matchbox cars.’ I really don’t care what you out-of towners call it, this is an American forum and this NY to be precise.

isnt POSI a GM brand and ford uses a detriot locker…i dunno i am prolly wrong

y would u waste your time swapping to a live axle in a 240??? the 240 diff holds up fine i have never ever heard of one breaking. if your looking for an easy and cheap way out just weld it or if your not into that get a j30 diff they are dime a dozen.

IIRC HotRodKid swapped an 8.8 Ford into a 240.

yah but y would u do something like that??? seems kinda pointless since the car is already rwd.

Sorry, I can only speak to the reliability of the 8.8, not the nissan diff.

If you search, I’m pretty sure he posted his reasons…