s13 manual rack

if anyone has a manual steering rack for an s13 they want to get rid of please let me know by pm.

thanks

these car never came with a manual rack. be like me and run no power steering :).

peace

they aren’t with out power steering but if you need a normal rack i have one for sale.

Yeah, I’m actually running no PS right now. If I can’t find anything soontime I was just thinking of disconnecting the pump and plugging up any open ends and filling it back with fluid just to keep it lubricated. I would prefer a normal rack though.

Specialblend: sent you a pm.

i hear that an 87 sentra manual rack fits, no confirmation tho.

Why would you want no PS, Don’t hurt me i’m new if its something obvious sorry…

actual non power steering is actually pretty easy to drive and you lose the weight of having power steering plus there won’t be any draw on the engine from having to turn a ps pump so it will free up minimal hp

That’s not a fun way to run a ps rack. If you’re going to run a ps rack without a pump you need to vent the rack otherwise you are just fighting the hydraulics and it’s about 100 times harder to turn.

drove a no ps (factory base model civic) and I enjoyed it, need more time with it to know what i actually prefer.

Interesting cause i need a ps pump…

i was actually planning on sealing it all in and adding some sort of a breather on the top surface somewhere on the rack to ease any pressure buildup. another way i just heard would be to not fill up and seal it but just add a little in to keep things lubricated and seal everything up then.

as for running without ps, it’s really not that bad except for dry steering but you start to learn other ways of gaining leverage depending on weight shifting of the car so it’s all a learning experience in that sense.

pm me with an offer and we’ll see.

driving a car with a manual rack is NOT the same as just disconnecting the ps pump on a hydraulic rack

dont do it

i drive with no ps pump on my car cause it was a asingle cam with sr swap. and i have been to lazy/cant find the bolt to put the powersteering pump back on ha

but all and all i have a hydraulic rack and no ps with a welded diff. i dont mind it accept for in parking lots…
BUT SOMEONE TRY THE 87 Sentra rack that heatw was talking about it.
i would love to have a manual rack and if you get the proof you will be the god and cause a new trend.