power steering removal

Is there a way to temporaly not have power steering without removing the pump?

in a 90 KA E

lol remove the serpentine belt?
power steering pump is on its own aside from idler pulley to put tension on the belt. you can remove taht

pull the power steering pump fuse!:ugh2:

much easier than taking the belt off.

but seriously, why rid yourself of ps?

…a power steering fuse?

If you’re doing this for some odd reason okay, but if you are trying to see how a manual rack feels like this is the wrong way to do it.

Even removing the PS, the lines, etc… even looping the lines ‘properly’… wont be like a true manual rack.

The ‘proper’ way to depower a rack is to take one apart, seal the piping, remove the seals, lil piston thingamajig amongst few other tidbits, it’s been done to our cars (i am planning to do it just for kicks as i have a spare rack to toy with), and its been done successfuly to many mr2s, rx7s, miatas.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/tech/depower.php

Some people are so against this, some people are for. Do your research know the pros/cons… whatever. I’m doing it just for kicks/just for fun

Just removing the PS unit and looping the lines won’t do shit, it’ll be heavy as hell. The above method on the other hand is the closest you can get to a true manual rack (of course not but closest to)

Manual racks tend to have shitty ratios like 22:1 etc… while power racks tend to have ratios of 15:1, etc… hence… a depowered rack as a ‘manual’ rack being faster and manual hence better (from each person’s perspective).

Just said all this if this is what you have in mind. Spare yourself the trouble if you just think removing the PS unit and looping the lines (or not) will yield the results cause it won’t.

i was joking about the fuse…i seriously hope you knew that.

i was hoping u were joking hhaah :stuck_out_tongue: