S13 Or S14 Which To Buy

hey guys I am taking a quick pole over which jdm car to buy out of the two, an s13 with an sr20det or even a ca18det, or an s14 with an sr20det give me all of your inputs and suggestions, for both vehicles. thanks alot guys

whats ur goal for the vehicle? track, street, looks?

track mostly for drift/quatre mile, looking to get something which can take a good beating and keep performing well under strain. I own a skyline type m it does well but feels too sluggish for me as its a heavier vehicle and I always have the feeling something will/would f*** up eventually… so its going to be gone the moment I find me the perfect s13 or s14, so I am now trying to gather all information necessary.

i would go with a 91+ s13 coupe then. I believe they are the lightest stock 240 you can buy. So i believe thats a 91+ silvia?. 100% get SR motor. I don’t know how much pricing will differ but if buying an S13 SR saves you some good cash compared to the S14’s then get the s13 cause that cash results in mods… and because its jdm you won’t have to worry to much about rusted cars.

Hopefully some experts on here throw in there two cents, cause im not the best person to speak here.

Also what color is ur skyline wondering if i may have seen you around town, ever chill in stoney creek? cause there is a guy driving around a silvia CA18, and there is a few of us SR S13 guys that you can always ask.

my vote S13

s13 if your going to be tracking beating it

s14 replacement parts cost more

s13’s are plentiful in junkyards aswell

i have yet to see an s14 at a yard

i drive a black type m in the creek my good friend owns the s13 with the ca18 i got him the car lol because he came with me when i bought my skyline and he fell in love with it, I know the owner of japaneseimports.ca quite well so we struck him a deal, i barely drive my skyline you may have seen me the odd time but its rarely driven because i have no time and I am not interested in driving it anymore as I want it to be in immacualte shape when I need to sell it once I pick up either my s13 or s14.

omg you have a skyline? that’s so cool, i love skylines! i really want one.

i want one too
but honestly for the money and cost for replacement parts on a track car, go with s13, and i do belive…not by much but it is a bit lighter.(correct me if im wrong)
by the way, s13 hatchs are way hotter then any s13/s14/s15 imo. other then a sil80 :slight_smile:

I have to say go with an s13. Parts are easy to come by and there a lot of fun to drive, and fun to mess around with. lol I love driving mine

I have to ask, how dose a skyline drive, I’ve been thinking about getting one.

get an s14 with a ka - beat it until it blows, then swap it and do it all over again :slight_smile:

driving a skyline feels great they are very responsive and aggressive, I opted for the type m because its rear wheel drive only and doesn’t have the oil pump starvation issue the rb26dett has in the GTRs ask alot of guys with gtrs and if they know the car well enough( and are not fan boys) they will tell you the parts are costly and those engines tend to blow up if the oil pump has not been upgraded or at least rebuilt stronger, if was a flaw nissan missed ijn the rb26detts, but not in the rb20, or rb25s, but was corrected in the r33 and r34 etc… if i could keep my skyline and pick up an s13 or s14 i would but its one or the other i can’t have two toys and at this point in my life i want a car where i don’t have to worry about much as I know parts are everywhere and i can beat the crap out of it, I baby my skyline way to much, look in the for sale section and it soon will be up there. and as for an s14 with a ka i am only grabbing me an s13 or s14 jdm because it carries the sr20det and because I love the rhd factor, i find it easier to drift/drag believe it or not.

RHD is easier for drift and drag? I guess the weight of the driver on the other side definitely helps.

Driver side doesnt matter for drifting or racing ect lol!!..gimme a break !

as for S14 being in the junk yard for parts…there are no S13 where i live only 2 S14s both auto .

^^^^it all depends on the person, and they way they can handle their vehicle, I myself find it easier some of you may not, either one doesn’t make it an advantage over the other its jsut the person controlling/driving the car and the side they like or prefer to clear that up so you two don’t go and start bashing one another.

Is a Skyline GTS-t M ok for a regular driver? Probably no winter driving. I am trying to plan out exactly what I want to with my money after Coop.

RHD actually is better for drifting and grip. The car will be better balanced.

yes it is ok for a regular driver, but make sure u have enough money in case maintenace and stuff like that needs to be done, you have to make sure you trust who you are buying it from because out in japan they can be so lazy its not even funny but sometimes you get a beautiful car and a well taken care of one, like mine, i looked everywhere and finally found my baby, i hate to see her go but thats life time to move on.