Which is better(looking for experience)

Hey what’s up guys I have question for you.
Which is an all around better performer an s14 or s13.
Also what is the best and SAFEST way to reduce weight on an s14.
Any input into these questions would be great
Thanx guys:confused:

If you search around, you’ll find tons of discussion on this (Nico, Zilvia, etc.)

The short answer is, what’s your budget?

The answer to question #2 is, take stuff out of the car. Are you daily driving it or track only?

You really aren’t giving us any background info. Stock for stock, an S14 is a more comfortable daily driver, likely to have lower mileage, less rust, but parts are easier to find for an S13, and yada yada yada.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=Udv&q=s13+vs+s14%3F&btnG=Search&meta=

haha awesome question, first … what do you mean by performer ? what is the car performing ? drift ? drag ? etc -

if it is drag go with the cheapest, lightest chassis, they are basically identical once you start adding parts, s13 may be cheaper to source used parts but really its the same,

drift im sure they are both good, but cheaper is usually better,

and for weight - why ? why lose so much ? does it need to be a full interior’d car ?

more info is really needed to answer these questions dude… seriously …

strip interior and inner skeletion out, remove rebars ? safe i dont know lol, cage it, cut the inner fenders, shit like that. … but how serious are you ?

^^lol
safest way to lose is to call jenny craig

whoops wrong thread :frowning:

By performer I mean drift,should have been more clear I guess.
I have two s14s’ and want to designate one solely for the track.
I was also wondering what your thoughts were on repairing the spot by the back of the frame rails,were the seats bolt into the floorpan.I have welded metal on both sides to repair them(both sides were peiviously repaired with fiber glass,what kind of asshole does that anyway SERIOUSLY).So to continue on,should the car that has been repaired be my summer driver and my other car which is SOLID be the track car or will the repaired one be OK for the track.
Thanx guys

As for losing weight,well both only have KAs’ so until the turbo set up is done I figure less weight with same power means,sideways easier.Yes/no maybe so!

looks like the s14 takes it

The reason I post this is because I’m seriously thinking about doing a trade for an s13 coupe and I want to know what I’m getting into before I do something I may regret
The s14 has won a place in my driveway until I find an s13 that gives a smile from ear to ear.You guys know anyone that would do such a trade.I’m through with frame and floor repairs though.
Will consider trading both my s14’s for one nicely done Sr or Ka-t

A mint s13>s14 , s14 feel’s a bit heavier but i dunno…

I think You have my old S14, Black one right? 4 lug, used to be auto? still champagne in all the openings.

I’ve owned both, I like the S14’s better for the bodylines but S13’s are alot more fun to abuse.

So many questions

jowo72 we need to talk bro,I have some questions for you! And it’s no longer auto ,I beat the auto tranny with a sledge hammer until it bled tranny oil all over my shop floor,SERIUOSLY!!!

What’s with the paint job?

s13 100%.

s14s are good if you wanna go pick your kid up and get some grocerys…

:wink: people are going to hate me.

^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDEhcnO2eik lol…but I agree, S13’s feel like more of a “track” car, especially stock vs. stock.

its true, as much as i would like to say i like s14’s i feel like they are too bulky. the oldschool dash designe and body shape of a s13 is way more track like.

all and all is just what you wanna buy. if i said the red hat was fly and the blue one was wack and you will be a virgin forever would you buy the red? fuck id get the blue fo sho.

s13=win. girls will never leave you alone

your my hero…but no your absolutely right IMO

I’ve owned both. Like em both. They are very different rides though.

Most people say there is no big difference. To me, there is a huge difference. S14’s “feel” much bigger. They also do feel more planted under corner entry. They also have a much more sedate and updated interior. They don’t feel as sport like on the inside.

S13’s with a digital HUD is the hotness for interiors once you get rid of the asstastic seats and replace em with some low sitting bolstered seats.

I can’t pick which one I like better. Would love to have one of each.

I’d go reverse though. S14 track car and S13 street car.

I’m not a huge fan of S13 hatches though, coupes are just outright gorgeous and would be my choice if I HAD to pick one. Wide bodied, Silvia, Wangan style…mmmmmm.

The only conversion i’ve ever really really liked (apart from Silvia) is an S13 coupe with an R32 GTR front end. OMG hot hot hot hot hot hot. S13 with kouki ain’t so bad either. Don’t really like any other conversions.