Preferences? s13 hatch, s13 coupe or s14 / s14s

Hey there,
I just wanted to get the thoughts of which cars members prefer? Why they prefer them over the other, i.e., the s14s, s14, s13 hatch, s13 coupe.

The advantages / disadvantages that members feel about the different chassis/models.

If possible brake down your rating in the following catagory:

(each catagory is out of 10)

Looks / Cosmesis?
Handling?
Aftermarket parts?
Tuning potential?

I personally like the exterior appearance of the s14s the most of the 4 aforementioned 240sx models; that’s the main advantages of the s14s (or s14). The s13 coupe/hatch is still attractive, but I feel that the flip head lights represents a more classic look (older look) - nothing wrong with that, I just find it not as appealing? The s13 would need a good bodykit to update it’s looks and give it a more aggressive stance. Ratings: (s13 5/10)(s14 7/10)(s14s 8.5/10)

As for handling, my preception is that w/ equal set (ie, suspension, sways, etc…) ups on both chassis, the s13 will out perform the s14 and that the s13 goes back to the nissan/datsun corprate sportscar grassroots - it’s a purer sports car. Ratings: (s13 8.5/10) (s14 7.8/10)

Parts? I feel that parts are more readily available for the s13 on the used and new parts market. This is an important consideration if one wants to keep the vehicle for any prolonged period of time and/or is considering modding the car. In additional, if body panels are need (not fiberglass ones) they are more ample for the s13 chassis. (s13 8.5/10)(s14 5/10)(s14s 4/10)

Tuning potential> I feel is about the same for both cars. (9/10)

Availablity: My quest for the proper project car has led to the following conclusion - there are more s13 out there, but a good one is hard to find. there are fewer s14 out there, but there condition is generally better. these results were mostly likely due to the chronilogical age differences btw the different model years. this isn’t any rocket science, and i’m probably not telling members anything they didn’t know already - thanks for bearing with me

My personal preference: I am trying to find a clean s13 for my project, but haven’t had too much success in the GTA area. The rust is my main concern. I’m probably going to head south of the border to continue my quest. I pefer the s13 more for the aforementioned reasons: parts, handling, weight & purer sportscar - I just wish it looked a little more modern. However, I’m open to either chassis - I guess it all depends on what pops up in the classifieds.

I would appreciate any type of feedback, albiet it good, neutral or positive wrt to the above. I understand that this is a forum and that there may be opposing views and I appreciate this as this will open up new channels of thought for all members and I :lol:

drift’n into 2006
bri

what is an s14s.

GT

zenki s14’s can be made the sexiest around

word 8)

I love the Kouki s14s… but i have a soft spot for my s13 hatch…

everyone i know thats had s13 and s14

that actually drive them

likes s14

I like the looks of the s13 Hatch the most, But when it comes to the interior and drivin dynamics i love the s14.

It’s an undisputable fact that the s13 coupe has the fastest looks, softest cosmesisisis, the nicest looking handling and it has the highest tune of aftermarket parts for most potential of tune.

10 out of 10 out of 12 out of 10.

S13 Fastback looks the best of them all. :badgrin:

I love the S13 hatch, and would still pick it if I had to choose again. If I had to choose and wasn’t allowed to pick the S13 hatch… S14 kouki all the way.

People call them different things. A s14’s is basically a s14 1997-8. I use it to differentiate it from the 95-96 s14

rgds,
bri :stuck_out_tongue:

s14a 95 96

s14b 97 98

wow simple as pie.

GT

Greg I’ve also seen them marked as
S14 - 95/96
S14a - 97/98.

None of this S14s nonsense tho.

i liked my s14 way better than my s13

they’re all hot…

but a retard could fukk up any single one of them, and the right dude can make any of them look TOOO HOTTT

i believe the s14 is slightly wider than the s13 chassis, leading some to believe that the handling charecteristics may be slightly better. the interiors are night and day, s14’s interiors are far superior (i personally love interiors).

the s13 may be lighter, but i have an s14 SE and swapped all the LE parts into it, so i am really curious to see what my ride weighs in at.

this is my 2nd s14, the only s13 i would consider is a fast back, although the jdm non projectors look a million times better than pop ups.

don’t fool yourself either, s14’s rust just as bad as the s13’s. like someone mentioned before, everyone who i met that currectly has a s14 and used to own an s13, says they will stick with their s14. i think those people would have the best feedback on this topic.

and derek, i miss your s14 too!! :wink:

I dont miss your s14 derek. 8)

My s13 was fun to drive, but I love my zenki s14.

word up bing.

i have a fastback, i love it. its my fav… but if price were no issue, i might take a S14chuki, modern emenities are nice to have.

I’m a little partial to the S14 body style.

For me I was happy buying a car that is relatively cheap, has lots of aftermarket support and has a nice, modern, comfortable interior.

Most importantly too I wanted all of these things and still not feel stupid driving onto the lot of a corporate setting. I hate to say it but there is always an expectation within that setting and you have to somewhat conform to it in order to succeed.

My S14 allows all of these things and to the untrained eye just looks like a fairly nice looking “newer sports car” … I persoanlly feel this can not be accomplished with an S13.