S13 sr20 swap driveshaft?

I’ve been doing alot of research on this swap and stuff like that, and some sites say that the S13 driveshaft is “short” but do-able for the swap.

Is this true? Do I need a Driveshaft from another year or something or can I still use the factory 1989 240sx driveshaft? Direct Fit? Mods?

Sorry, I did a search on this site and nothing showed up.

Clean swap y0. You only need a gauge cluster on an 89, either from a JDM car or a newer S13.

lol WTF… he asked nothing about a cluster and how do you knwo his swap is clean

your 89 drive shaft should work

GT

As long as it’s a manual 89 driveshaft, it’ll fit.

Auto’s are different.

LOL@GT GREG’s reply…
I thought the same thing

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

So far, i gotta replace the SR’s P/S with one from a 91-93 USDM and gauge cluster…that it?

Anyone have a gauge cluster for sale?
:frowning:

driveshafts are the same, the only thing different is the dust boot which you need to either toss like me or cut an inch or so off to make it clear

Because he’s putting an SR20 into an 89 240. Apart from the cluster that I mentioned, there shouldn’t be anything else to worry about if his motor set or clip included everything.

Because he’s putting an SR20 into an 89 240. Apart from the cluster that I mentioned, there shouldn’t be anything else to worry about if his motor set or clip included everything.[/quote]

what about power steering lines?
clearly there is other stuff to worry about…

if he even wants power steering

in case you do, you can use p/s lines from either s13 dohc or s14. i’m currently using s14 lines and seeing no problems

if you need a dohc cluster, i got one for sale, 50 bucks with 190 on the clock. of course you can take the tach out from the dohc cluster and swap it onto your sohc cluster if you want to keep your original km’s

sam