quick parts compatibility questions plus free parts giveaway

hi people

i got a 89 auto sohc and a damaged s14 se parts car. theres only two things i wanna do, 1, swap the dohc over and 2 swap the manual tranny over.

i wanna know if most of the parts are compatible and most important, what is not.

i only know for sure that the engine harness is gonna be a headache if i wanna try coverting it. aside from the mentioned, what else is necessary for the s14 motor to work in the s13?

w/ the auto to manual, i’m guessing that everything should bolt up maybe with the exception for the driveshaft? please shed some light.

free parts off the parts car available to those who help. (given that i can still tow the car afterwards)

thanks all

I have a 91 DE in my 89. Aleternator, Starter, Tranny about the only thing you keep and like rad hoses and what not. Im not sure about wiring though for a S14. S14DE is ODB2 or what is it called. S13 is ODB1. I think that might cause a problem. Talk to AnDrEw or canadiandrifter240sx they can help you out with it more. You can ask me anything also.

You should also change the title of this to ‘Help Swapping S14 DE into an 89’ you will get more responses.

well the free parts giveaway is getting the attention! :stuck_out_tongue:

Zenki s14 is still OBDI where as Kouki ('97-'98) s14 is OBDII, so it won’t be that dificult. You will have to use the s14 ECU which will not have a rev limiter.

And yeah, the guy to be asking about the wiring is canadiandrifter240sx. He has done this a few times.

Send him a PM

Theo

Oh ok this will be easier than I thought it would be.

thanks for pointer guys !!! i guess i’d hit up andrew and canadiandrifter for more info.

anyone else that knows a little something about this kinda swap please post it up

thanks again

thanks again to Andrew for taking the time to walk me through this. this guy really knows his stuff. very rarely am i able to have all my questions answered by one man, one time w/o doubt. turns out this project is not as simple as i thought.

for those interested, this is whats involved (in no particular order):

parts i need to find:

1. s13 manual driveshaft (mines abs, so i’ll need one w/ abs)
  2. s13 dohc exhaust manifold
  3. s13 manual brake/clutch pedal
  4. s13 clutch master cylinder/hardline/slave cylinder
  5. s13 dohc manual ecu & engine harness
  6. s13 dohc dizzy & plug wires
  7. s13 dohc tach
  8. s13 dohc pwr. str. pump

stuff i need to mod:

1. rewire plug for ign coil and MAF
  2. rewire plug for cluster from engine harness to body harness
  3. short inhibitor relay plug to disable neutral safety swtich
  4. swap sohc tach w/ dohc tach
  5. snip/bend pwr str lines to fit
  6. drill out firewall for brakes/pedals

everything else pretty much bolts on, plugs in.

thanks again everyone

I’ve got this if you need it:

1. s13 dohc dizzy & plug wires

Just PM me an offer and it’s yours.

Some of these things you have listed here are not needed or have variations to the truth.
You could use the s14 manifold and put an sr20 downpipe on it (like Bings three ’ SS down pipe.
You can use the stock brake peddle and cut it.
you do not need to change the PS pump
There is no rewireing of body harness etc if you use a s13 harness.
The nuetral safety switch takes less the 2min to do.
You can use the PS lines from the s14 on the s13 so you willnot have to bend them

Thats All I got for now, I am in a rush so good luck… I PM’d you my phone # if you have any questions.

Chris

thanks for the tip! It’ll definitely take another look at the cars to verify things. won’t be starting the project yet, not until i get the 10ae outta the garage.

but i’ll be sure to call you if i run into anything.

thanks !!