S13 w/ S14 subframe bushings

If I swap an S14 subframe in an S13, can I use either S13 or S14 bushings or will I need a custom set? where could i get them from?

Will the S13 diff/axels fit the S14 subframe or do i need S14? Can I re-use the S13 E-brake cables, S13 control arms and brake drums?

I was just wondering what is compatible from the S13 cause I want to eliminate the Super Hicas but dont know whats interchangeable and what I can keep… yes im a noob P:

everyone ignored it D:

Are you talking about stock subframe bushings? if so then the S14 ones will fit in the S13. Solid bushings will only work in the front, you need ones with an offset hole to work in the rear.

The control arms and toe arms have a wider bushing on the S14 so you need to use the S14 ones. You need to use the S13 upper control arm to avoid hitting the strut/coilover.

S13 diff will bolt in if you put an S14 rear cover on it. Axles work fine as long as it’s all USDM 6 bolt ones. JDM cars use 5 bolt axles.

S13 ebrake cables work if you use s13 brake calipers. Rotors are the same as long as they’re 4 bolt.

Easiest way to do it is to get an entire S14 rear subframe with all the arms, diff, axles, brakes and ebrake cables. You just have to make a mount for the front of the ebrake cable to the floor.

Any other questions?

thanks! would the control arms still be a problem if i had aftermarket coil overs? where could I get the offset bushings?

Would the JDM S14 rear subframe w/ vlsd, 5lug hubs, axles, full rear brakes and e-brake cables, etc. not be worth buying cause of fitement problems?

Quick newb question…other than if the s14 subframe comes with 5 bolt wheels, what benefits come from the swap?

Basically its an easy way of eliminating the hicas, thats why i wanna do it. The 5lug hubs allow for rear brakes though (Z32/R32). The S14 subframe is stronger than S13, bigger dampers and is a tighter fit so its stiffer, depending on what bushings you use… so you can get alil better control and acceleration out of it.