S14 rear subframe into S13. Using S14 rear spindle?

Hey guys, I’ve googled this already without much luck. Sorry if this has been covered extensively as well.

I’m swapping an S14 rear subframe into my S13, I already have all S14 adjustable arms, has rear S14 OEM LCA as well and diff, etc.

Yes, I already have conversion bushings from SPL (thanks Varun!)

Now I’m just wondering about the coils. Will the S13 coilovers, bolt right into the S14 rear spindle?

Thanks!

I’m 99% sure you will be fine, I’ll ask purestock240, because the subframe in his coupe was not s13, but he was using s13 coils.

I read some where that its bolt in but you turn the bottom hole other way. One side has more bushing then there other side on the bottom coil. Put the least amount of bushing near the spindle. Hope that makes sense. I’ll find the post.

Here the link- Post 43 by dirtydevvo

http://www.son240sx.org/showthread.php?134473-Hsd-hr-coilovers-group-buy/page2

Thanks jonny! even with pics! lol that would’ve been pretty hard to find.

bolts right in, did this last winter

s13 and s14 have different rear mounts. So your s13 coils will not mount to a s14 rear spindle. However, and s13 and s14 rear spindle are exactly the same minus the way the shock mounts to the spindle. So you can just use a s13 spindle on your s14 subframe, with all the s14 stuff.

Even if you do somehow get your coilover on it, you won’t be able to engage enough threads. So with safety in mind, and the fact that s13 spindles can be hand for like $5. Swap over to s13 spindles, using your s14 5 lug or watever, because its all interchangeable.

thanks dude!

worked fine for me, 99% sure it was an s14 silvia subframe that I put in my car. clearance from upper control arm and coil wasnt very much though

I did the subframe swap last year… You can use all s14 parts including spindle. If you use the s14 bolts for the rear spindles there would be enough threads.

Thanks!

You used the SPL Conversion bushings as well, I’m assuming? How much did you shim it? I know you have the option of raising the subframe from 1/4" to 1/2" with the SPL Conversion bushings.

My dad milled some custom bushings, the subframe was spaced about 1/4" from the chassis

on the topic of S14 subframe into S13.

quick stupid question: I’ll need a S14 rear sway bar won’t I ?