s14 engine on a s13 trany

can it be done?

KA? or SR?

Yes to either engine.

yes, ka-ka done many times

yes sr-sr

yes ka-sr if you have bellhousings to swap.

ka-ka
sorry and ok how do i get around the sensor in the 98 trany? cuz my 92 doesn’t have it.

s14 has 4 sensors, s13 has 3 sensors, you don’t need the extra one plugged into anything.

Hell, don’t even bother hooking up the 4th and 5th gear tranny sensor’s and have no rev limiter :smiley: .

Then get rid of the gov by snipping the speed sensor wire going FROM the gauge cluster TO the ecu. I forget which # wire it is but I did this on my old 240 and it was great! I had no issues with any of the gauges and they worked perfectly.

Just a thought for ya :wink: .

Cheers :smiley:

find out which wire i am extremly interested. also will the check engine light not come on if i don’t have the sensors plugged in?

Nope it won’t.

nope it won’t work or nope the light won’t come on?

It will work. The engine light won’t come on.

ok thanks i will give it a try and let you know how it came.

Any updates?

guy backed out on my motor so now i can’t buy mikeys. so i won’t be giving this a try. maybe later near the summer i will just do the sr swap or maybe even a ca i dunno. know of any good places? cheap reliable places?

For what? work/engines/parts?

A place that can order whole front clips or a complete SR swap would be great. i’m pretty sure i wanna go SR. any places that have great prices and great products?

try looking at Intensemotorsports on the forums here…

Slipperysilvia…majority of SON have bought motors from him. Ive personally bought parts off him and have nothing but good things to say!