s14 rear subframe in a s13

well i got a s14 rear subframe, and i wanted to ask for some pointers on the install and what not into my 1989 240. maybe somethings to watch out for. and somethings to do b4.

EDIT im sure it has hicus

Thanks alot

change the bushings ? fix up rust if there is any ?

is there any kind of problems ima run into where ima have to tim allen it? or does it just bolt in, im probably gunna do polyurathane bushing and all that jazz but thanks man :smiley:

s13, s14, skyline etc…all came with the same subframe just different uppers and lower control arms

all i can say is have fun.

big-byrd was with me last night when I put mine on. Have fun is right. Even though they’re supposed to fit perfectly, there’s a chance that either the “new” subframe, or your car has shifted twisted and is very unlikely that they will match up perfectly. And because of that three’s a good chance you will have to deal with a lot of frustration hammering, jacks and earplugs.

Have fun, I hope not to have to do any more subframe related work for a very long time.

Btw, I put an S14 non hicas into my S13.

when i put my subframe i found it it easy…i did it by myself…jacked it up put it onto the two main studs kept the jack holding it there. I then lifted one of the sides till it was close to the stud stuck a pice of wood or w.e or jack jackstand there to hold it down. Then i went to the other side go it close…jacked it so the bushing was basically pressing agains the stud gave it a wack with a hammer and it went in. same thing on the other side

scribbles beat that subframe like a red-headed stepchild.

i guess every car around these here parts decided to be difficult yesterday.

we’ll throw some bushings while its out and throw it the fuck in… we’ve got bigger things to do than a stupid rear subframe :stuck_out_tongue:

sidewayzmaniac we’ll throw some bushings while its out and throw it the f*** in… we’ve got bigger things to do than a stupid rear subframe

What !? who’s we ? I’m sorry are you 12 ? Be it not curcial, and oftentimes overlooked your subframe keeps your rear wheels on the ground, cradles your diff, and maintains alignment. How is it not important ? and good luck just tossing some bushings in while its out.

hey u guys thanks for the tips and all that, i really hope it does just slide in Lool! but the good ol hammer is sittin there waiting, i had to box a frame rail so i figure there mite be a bit of a shift :frowning: i guess i could be worse off :smiley:

thanks again tho

Who’s we? how ablout the creator of the post? hmm… Yes I understand the importance of a subframe but I was simply saying we (Me and the creator of the post for those dumbass’s), have other things like motor swap to worry about so how about stfu :wink: