S14 SR Oil Filter Upgrade

Hey guys, just wanted to share my recent findings:

S14 SR20DET oil filter is same as 95+ Sentra SE-R (SR20DE) and a USDM 350Z from what i found online.

Dont remember OEM part #, but here is a FRAM # PH6607

If you want a larger capacity oil filter, Subaru has the same O-ring diameter and thread, but the filter is ~1/2" taller and 1/2" wider!

Filters tested from 2002-2005 WRX (2.0 turbo EJ205) and 04-07 STI (2.5 turbo EJ257). FRAM # PH3593

Didn’t test this, but sure it will work, filter from base RSX, same diameter as the SR, but is 1/2" taller. FRAM # PH7317

So I recommend to get some oil filters from a Subaru dealer (Budd’s Subaru in Oakville is usually very friendly).
Please don’t go into a debate over FRAM filters… But any other comments are very welcome!

Interested in results too.

Was in Walmart today, figured i’d take a pic for reference.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1851/img0540copyw.jpg

fram filters suck though! LOL

So use a different filter phggt? Man your ignorant posts are useless as faaaarkk.

http://i53.tinypic.com/vfgtqq.jpg

3593 is for Honda B/D-Series also. Easier to find a Honda Dealership.

Sweet! Do you happen to know the Honda part #? Its same size as the FRAM one? For sure not the 6607? That came up as a Honda filter in the FRAM book.

P.S. 2006+ Yamaha R6 (along with many other bikes, but the R6 i know for sure) use the same filter as the 6607.

Hmmm good to know, so any integra from 1990-2001 or any civic 1996-2000. Could be other years I dunno tho gotta check.

Be careful with this… KA and SR filters have the same o ring diameter as well. Its the depth of the filter thread point (not sure if I explained that well). What I mean is the KA one will bottom out on the threads before the o-ring is tight.

Also you may not even notice the filter leaking at first. It may take until the oil is up to temp and you push it to higher pressures.

I know this from a presonal experience, not one of my brigthest moments back in the day. But I had an oil pressure gauge which saved my ass.

LOLL mans be serious up in this thread!!! :expressionless: I better watch my posts!!!

yeah yeah. just stir the pot, why dont you go and do some research for the sake of everyone else then too?!

Every Honda oil filter is the exact same other than the s2000’ just so there is no confusion