s14 sr WG size

hey guys,
im gonna take off my bov put a fmic and going for a external WG

does anyone know what size of the WG should i get? its for s14 btop T28
also, if i upgrade to GT30 series, is it still bolt on? expect the WG, what else should i buy to botl it on? like gaskets turbo lines etc?

thanks in advance:p

ugh

cuz i wanna boost this stock T28 to around 12psi and im not sure if the stock IWG can afford the high boost
anyone in this forum runing a EWG?

people definitly are rockin external wastegates, with bigger turbos tho. T28’s on s14s ran 11psi stock iirc so you should be good to run 12. As for the gt30 questions man theres alot of different routes to go depending on what you want to do drift/drag/ etc… I’d read up on it before you buy anything, or give a shout to a vender on here they’d prolly offer you some advice.

or provide more info on the build and people might drop some knowledge.

If you want to go GT30 route then you need a T3 top mount manifold, stainless steel braided turbo oil/coolant feed/return lines, T3 top mount downpipe flanged appropriately to your turbine housing, the manifold will need to have a wastegate port, with a GT30 series turbo I would recommend a 44mm tial wastegate. As for gaskets get a nismo 7 layer metal head-to-turbo manifold gasket, and a stainless steel T3 manifold-to-turbo gasket. I also reccomend installing quality fasteners to hold the manifold to the head and turbo to the manifold if you don’t want problems.

thanks,
ive done some research i think the stock turbo IWG is good for up to 14-16 psi.
what im planning is i m gonna boost the stock turbo near its full potential, get camshafts, FMIC, rad ready and play with it for a while, when the turbo is done, im going to another stage, gonna build the stroke , inj, fuel rail and put a GT30 serious on.
its bascally for street& drift build. and i wonder if the GT30 requires a Top mounted Exhaust manifold ?
im still going to school now so wont have too much funds for a fully build, that is why i wanna make the full potencial of the stock setup w/ some mod also can be used on my next stage ;D and i paid so much for this stock sr swap… its only 60k on the whole front clip i bought so i think it can run for a while

thanks so much alesserfate, really helpful info
that is what im gonna research for. what is required to be changed if im going with GT30 later on. i havent seen a really reliable Top mount Manifold for T30 yet. …do u have any suggestions?

you will need a tune for sure power fc, vipec, ems up the injectors to 740cc z32 maf can add cams stage 1 or 2 dependin on the headwork you want to do, fmic, wideband is necessary

yep that is why what im planning to do.
FMIC, inj. pfc cam
these can be used as well when im going with GT30
btw, is top feed injectos necessory? cuz it requires a new fuel rail and a Intake manifold total around 1500 cad…

what kind of cams is suitable? i see ppl always go with 256 cams.
what exactly does the numbers like 256 mean???
and i also seen ppl going with diff intake & exhaust cams. could someone explain this to me? thanks

If you want reliable manifold, this one would still be alive if a nuclear bomb went off nearby.

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=834_836_853_862&products_id=1433

If you want to run a GT30 on an SR without spending a million dollars on a built motor, you will need: metal headgasket, arp head studs, aftermarket ignition system (splitfire), at least stage 1 cams, 850cc injectors, engine management like others have stated vipec aem pfc, you want to have a good front mount and straight out exhaust

sr’s use side feed, go high impedence sidefeed nismo, trust, sard, apexi, tomei all make top of line injectors, along with other companies they will cost you a bit tho unless you can find some used ones around which shouldnt be too tough.

Ka’s use sidefeed to, kae’s are top feed i think not sure about that one

256 will retain your vtc, that’s why you see people using them a lot on the S14 SR.
Higher number means more aggressive cam, good for flow + extending top end, but can give rough idle, etc.