S14 SR20DET bov issues.

So i have an S14 sr, and my bov isn’t blowing off any air. I’m getting compressor surge. Can some one please tell me how i have to route the vacuum lines in order to get it working. I have a have a greddy style type S bov. If anyone knows how to route it, then post or pm me asap please.

on my S14 Sr I’m just using one of the nipples under my throttle body… it works fine. the vacuum line your using now, wheres it going?

EDIT: never mind mine is getting tee’d from my boost sensor for my gauge, which comes from my FPR vacuum line.

Ether one should be fine though.

I’ve tried a couple of them from underneath the throttlebody, and neither are working.

it probally needs a re build

what are you talking about?

bov siezed?
when you pull the line off how much pressure is there?

what kind of BOV do you have, because i have an s14 sr20det with a greddy type-RS and at first the bov would’t make any noise, now are you talking about an aftermarket bov or a stock by pass valve, secondly if you have the stock intake box you won’t here anything, you need an aftermarket intake and depending on the BOV if its aftermarket you may need to run more boost, otherwise if its used it may just be seized and you’ll need to take it apart, clean it, and then put it back together

the bov i have is brand new out of the box. i am also using a front mount. i just need a step by step walkthrough

^^You still have yet to answer a simple question…

What kind of blow off valve are you using? Give us a name, and we may already know the issue. Like many have already said, its probbily siezied, or, its just defective…I know of one brand who has many like that…Blitz.

i had said before that its a knock off greddy style type s bov.

That’s probably half your problem right there. If you have a valid vac/boost source, it should be as simple as it looks. My SSQV is running off a dedicated line from the TB that has a tee right before the bov that goes to my boost gauge. I’ve never had a problem with my BOV not working.

BOV spring is too tight…you need to adjust it so that it opens when it’s supposed to.

thanx. ill seeif the bov isjust so shit that it wont open. if anyone has any other advice, shoot it at me

eh man, it’s mike from the meet last night, try making sure that the line running to your bov is vacuum…it could be not enough vacuum to actually work against the spring…run it straight from the intake mani …it should work…let me know what happens man

Hi, we met at the JDMR meet a couple weeks ago.

Your routing might actually be okay since the lines from the TB is a common place to run it from.

This might sound silly, but try blowing into the BOV with your mouth to see if the BOV is faulty :slight_smile:
Blow hard.

GTS, unless you can blow at least 5-6 psi into it…if you can thats some world record shit right there…the bov will not even dignify you with a response

“greddy style type S bov”
thats your problem

i can fix it

bring it by

Thanx for your help everyone, but i got it fixed. it turned out hat the shitty bov i have is too tight, evern when you adjust it to the softest setting, so i opened it and took out one of the srings that was holding the valve closed to make it weaker. i have to adjust it perfectly cuz right now it blows off pressure completly past 3500 rpms. im gonna try to make it softer without having it stall out by the valve staying open.