S14 sunroof issue

Just tonight on the drive home I used the tilt up function on my sunroof which works fine. When I went to close the roof it came down but then it sounded like it was not closed compleatly so I pulled over to look. It looks like it is just about to finish closing and if you give it a little push down it finishes so what am I to do here? Is there somthing that could be loose with the closing system? Please try to help me out. It was raining hard and no water was getting in so I just want to not have to push it down lol.

hard to explain, mine does that every now and then on the highway, what I normally do is slide it forward (opening the sunroof), then slide it back closed and it seems to close all the way (no wind noise.)

Try that next time.

Ya thats what I did eventualy, It seems like the the motor that pulls the sunroof is not the strongest thing in the world lol.

yeah very annoying, kinda goes away after a while… one of those things

Is this somthing that could only be fixed by replacing the weatherstrip that goes around the glass? I looked and it seems that the edge is not nice a firm anymore.

I don’t know, but I don’t think it will fix the problem. It doesn’t leak which means that the weatherstripping is pretty good. You could always try it though and let us know.

It really isn’t that big a problem for me, maybe yours is worse, but it only happens every now and then in my car.

Ya this seems to be the first time so its not like somthing that is loud lol you have to listen with everything off to hear it but if goes away so I will not worry untill I see water lol.

the rubber seal around the S14 sunroof is a bitch to replace… Nissan dealer charges $80 just for the seal… then you can risk installing it yourself or fork over 60 bux to a glass shop to do it for you… replacing mine is costing me over $100 bux… oh well :stuck_out_tongue: