s15 conversion on a 95

hi guys sorry about the topic again but i have read as many searched topics on s15 front end conversion as i could before asking these questions. any way, what do you think about using oem metal fenders and cutting s14 fender, welding the two together. i heard that this is the best way for fitment and look. Also i found hid head lights, but im not sure if i want to use them due to wiring and trying to get bulbs when they blow. I have heard of using an aftermarket hid kit in regular s15 head lights. so what do you guys think. thank.

no one has any idea?

making 2 fenders out of 4 isn’t easy, but is the best way to retain the body line of the S14 while having the cutouts for S15 lights

lights? shouldn’t be a problem,

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12578

Good luck with the swap. I’ve had the crappy S.W.A.A.T. fenders for a few years now, and last winter I purchased s15 oem fenders to weld onto my old s14 fenders. I also bought the OEM bumper as well and using that with the stock rear bumper and no side skirts. But as for welding the two together, it is a lot more effort but in the end, it should look a lot better than fiberglass fenders. There’s another 240 in Calgary here who has been working on metal hybrid fenders but I have no clue what’s happening to his car as of late.

thanks for the info ya ive done more research. deffenitly doing hybrid fenders. but i need to know about head lights Hid or not. Im ordering the fenders and lights from the same guy. also i need a good cf hood and not sure what bumper to go with. nothing to agresive. but i dont want SH*T.
needs to fit realy nice. remember it is an s14. iwant to get all the parts before winter.im just finishing the engine now. i have a tune date with paul on sep.7.

any boudy know of a realy good body shop thanks.

how are you gonna weld the finders together? tack weld and then figerglass to blend? I would assume so becuase it is fairly each to wrap fenders. Then again i guess it depends on what type of welding you are going to be doing.
As for the lights there should be no problem what so ever in finding bulbs there are tonnes of places that are able to order all type of bulbs for you. I am not sure what the s15 headlight housing are like however i am sure they are very basic just like every housing. I think thats the least of your worries at this point.

HID in the s15 housing should be fine depending on what temp your going to run… they are H4 housings and will support it though. good luck with the swap

thanks guys i orderd the head lights and fender. were on our way! for welding the fenders i seen a guy on the web that does fenders he says to cut 6inches infront of the door and match the s15 feders to keep the body line of the s14 fender. he tig welds them says there isnt to much warpage. but im going to do more research on that. any one know of a realy good
body shop.