S2000 opinions? The Miata story...

Besides, the car is almost stock. The only aftermarket items are the exhaust and intake :smiley:

yeah a stock chevy ls1 is just as reliable as anything else out there. i dont see where thats unreliable. vettes are made from gm to run not to breakdown.

practicality is key here. 11ā€™s are ā€˜quickā€™. What, do you consider quick? like 9ā€™s? idk.

Iā€™m not questioning the quality of the gm motor so all you mulletards can chill the FUCK out for the time being. This whole topic is in referrence to the GM motor in a MAZDA, where it was never intended to be and all the additional fabrications needed to make it work.

But, the act of putting the motor in the car doesnā€™t make it any less practical from the ā€œfun carā€ viewpoint. The problem just comes from the subframe, which, in this case, sits fairly low. Iā€™m sure those that have fabā€™d their own subframes for these have more ground clearance. Perhaps a few of the other new LSX mounting kit makers will have subframes that provide more clearance. Itā€™s just that, in my particular case, the setup is too low for the area.

I guess iā€™m not understanding thisā€¦

You want something,

• thats not gonna be a DD.

• that runs 11ā€™s

• but isnt a race car.

• and $20k is too much

Iā€™m still not understanding

maybe a LS1 Vespa.?.!.?

:dunno:

maybe LS1 Sierra with juice??!!! lol

xcept for the one in are area, red/white 2 tone and a ricer painted dash

cause you know 9sec ccars make great dds

HAHAHA

if i remember correctly Paul Walker DDed his Eclipse in F&F :burnout:

Youā€™re lucky that 100 shot of NOS didnā€™t blow the welds on the intake.

amatures dont use nitrous oxide!

:cool:

Thanks for whoring my thread up. Let me clarify for those of you too dense to understand this.

-11 second performance is not that fast, and is pretty easily attainable.
-I do not need it for a DD. My issue is, if I want to be able to take it somewhere, I can. If I want to hop in the Miata and go to Atlantic City, I canā€™t, because Iā€™m afraid of the ride height. I wouldnā€™t have that issue in an S2000 or Cobra or something.
-I am looking to keep the price tag OF THE CAR under 20k so I can pay CASH for it. I just donā€™t want to be making payments on a vehicle. Thatā€™s it.

Would it be possible to raise the height of the Miata via some coilovers? I know its counter intuitive, but its just a thought.

8.1L - IROC swap.

thats what i was thinking also.

coilovers will be(or at least they should) be cheaper than a used s2k or a used cobra). get some stiffer spring rates that are more capable of holding up a v8 motor in the miata.

plus with maybe a little larger wheel/tire combination that should get you some more height also with some better grip.granted your willing to give up the stock look.

2wd ext cab 99-06 Silverado/Sierra, swap a cammed 6.0 in it and throw a blower/turbo on itā€¦ simple as that
then watch the faces of the ppl with miatas and S2000s as you beat them in a truck :smiley:

Trucks > ALL

but trucks dont give you that ā€˜extension of your bodyā€™ feel that a coupe does.

i agree

truth