Salvage title clarifications

Okay so I see this clean rebuilt car thats had its body fully redone… It wasnt imported from USA or another province and was always in my city. It needs a few things to get the motor working well but its one of those super clean cars thats cheap and has to have something wrong which Ive yet to figure out what. I was wondering, how do I find out if its a clean title or not assuming he is lying, If its not but it was rebuilt in ontario, how do I get changed to clean title? (if possible) and is it really worth the risk?

once the car is branded its branded for life. all you can really do is a vin check or a car fax report

farmer

Check the owner ship. I forget what it has on it once a car has been salvaged…and then re-instated.

The ministry will be able to tell you. Or a used car package.

dosen’t the PAS-FIT change to salvage or something… then branded after inspected… and good to go…

Im not 100% sure but I think when a car is branded as salvage it was a write off and then it was fixed. If its fixed it has to go through an MTO inspection (not sure if its just a regular safety or not) then the car is branded re-built.

So the owner ship would either say PAS-FIT, SALVAGE or RE-BUILT.

When a vehicle has been branded salvage. the vehicle must then past a structural and safety inspection. After the vehicle passes, it is then given a rebuilt brand. If you look at the vehicle permit portion of the ownership(top left corner) you will see brand, if it is a clean title it will say brand none. If it is a salvage car it will say in the brand location rebuilt.

thanks for chiming in ppl

Thats basically it right there lol.

The way i look at it, if i can see where they repaired it and its done properly, its good. Id almost rather have a rebuilt car thats been fixed than some not branded car thats been fixed, there are no rusles when coming to fixing a vehicle if it hasnt been branded. There are ways around it though, fake structurals and stuff like that.

It would be a good idea to have a body shop freind come loom at the car with you, tjhats your best bet. You can tell right away.

Where is the car, i might be abkle to take a look, if its close enough.

ownership should tell you if it s salvage or not.

you have to go throu a riv if its straight import (never been plated)

not all the salvage vehicles are bad. some times they mark it as irrepairble just because all the air bags went off. lol

well its from London actually, I think the dude lives close fanshawe. He claimed to have a rust-free, rebuilt 90 240sx with rebuilt body and other stuff like repainted the car oem campaigne gold and put on a 91+ bumper but only selling it for $2800. Hes been trying to sell it for almost a year if i remember correctly and he used to post on here but he never got it sold so I dont know. It seems too cheap for a mint 240 amerite? I wonder if anyone knows him here? He is Travis240sx i think or something like that but his other account was banned. He also made mutiple WTB and FS threads which got closed/deleted from what I can remember.

if its a 1990 240sx… just buy it man…