Sat. radio question?

I purchased a stilleto 2 about 3 months ago when they came out. I took the s50 out of my work van and swapped it with the S2.

Now my questions is i hooked everything up correctly but i seem to get a very very high static. When i hit the gas hard or use the wipers it goes nuts.

but if i put my hand on just the dock(not the actual unit) and hold it there it basically all goes away?

wtf is going on?

i never had this prob with the s50

GROUND ??

Try changing the channel your modulating to. Some work better then others.

I used to be able to hear that whine correlating to gas pedal usage when my audio jack got lose, just had to push it back in and it’d go away on my sirius car kit.

Does the stilleto allow you to listen to sirius anywhere, or does it have to be docked and hooked up to a antenna?

It works anywhere Spence. I have one and listen to it when I go running sometimes, its sweet!

ooh thats nice, hows the reception? They are pretty pricey at 320 bucks…

I’m in <3 with Sirius… i don’t even listen to normal radio anymore…

worth it all the way spence. when your joggin its 100% perfect! it has a micro sd slot so when the new 8gig micro card come out real soon u can combine it with the 2 gig thats in it. 10gigs of music on a super sexy piece that u can get live sat feed while jogging.

All audio cords are in tact and i have adjusted it to 1million diff stations with the modulator and still nothing.

Im thinking ground but would it be a bad ground in the van?
if so why dident it do this with my s50?

i cant even listen to anything anymore cause i cant make it out over the static

What do you mean when the 8GB cards come out? I’ve got two, picked them up at Verizon Wireless kiosk in Circuit City. They are one of the few places that has them in stock, and they knocked money off of them so they were $116 each, not the $130 that is advertised.

I <3 my Stiletto2. The thing’s already got more use than the PS3 I returned would have.

really? i dident know they were out. cool man thanks for the info. So i can get the 8gb Micro sd’s at verizion?

do you have the antenna hard wired to the unit? If not, that is the place to start. For like $25 you can get the kit that will make this easy.

This thing:
FM Direct Adapter

like a fm antenna? if so yes one came with it and i plugged it in. it came with a suction cup and stuck it on the top of my window. To be quite honest with you i have less static with it out

Sounds like your direct direct fm modulator is bad or theres a problem with the ground. you can get the direct fm mod’s at cc for like 29 simple to install if ud like to change it out. Its a def with the stilettos they have a weak internal one. just my 2 cents

hmmm. i just dident want to pull the factory radio out of the work van. but if that will do the trick it seems like im going to have to