Sirius help..

So I recently installed the sportster 5 kit in my 01 jetta. I am using it through 88.1fm. I have noticed that I get signifant feedback while driving around and it doesn’t sound good at all, like im getting other peoples stations. I assume this is because were all set to 88.1

I have the antenna mounted on the trunk. Can you guys reccomend anything to improve the feedback it’s not very clear.

I’m debating just picking up an aftermarket deck…

I’m posting here to give a false sense that maybe, just maybe, someone had an answer to your question.

Here’s to hoping you have a subscription with instant email notification to this thread, so you can get all excited and expect a decent answer as you’re reading this.

Instead you get nonsense.

I bid you adieu. Good day sir.

God I hate you in so many forms, good thing Jim is smart.

Aparently I need the direct fm modulator so it doesn’t sound so shitty.

Haha you love it!

Ryan why did you even make a thread for this if you knew Jim was going to have the answer…he always has the answer for car audio and you have his number dumbass lol

Good thing you have my number… I just saw this thread. :lol

i’d get a nice aftermarket head unit. those radio transmitters are teh fail.

I have the same unit. I use 89.5 and the system also comes with an FM out antenna. Mount that to the window as close to your vehicle antenna as possible. That should get rid of your feedback noise.

nah, nothing beats a direct connection. most of the time ull catch other signals from others. its annoying

correct, nothing beats a direct connection, but he was asking for help with the transmitter.

Thats the point of the direct connect adapter, it plugs in-line with your vehicles antenna and uses a relay to break the input from your vehicles antenna when the sirius tuner is on.

Jim > all of you

im just not a fan of using those things. i prefer an aftermarket deck with an aux plug in it. plus they end up sounding cleaner than oem stuff most of the time. Jim’s suggestion totally works, dont get me wrong, but its like the cheap way out, or temporary if youre waiting on a new headunit to come in. most of you here dont give two shits about SQ, so something like that setup will surfice, i need an actual cable with a plug.

I give a shit about SQ, but my GF bought me this and If I dont use it she will hit me. :lol

if The sportster is recent , it should have come with a second antenna… a real thin gauge wire with a sticky section on the end. I couldnt get shit in my Chevy pick up , until i removed the 2nd antenna… With my Ford, I have to use the 2nd antenna. I have 5 preset stations, and use most of them depending where I am locally, due to feedback…

I have that but didn’t install it. I didn’t know WTF it was. I actually found a better station to use and it does sound much better…

ahhhh, see? THATS what you should have started with, man :lol

Sirius and XM quality sucks cock anyway, it’s a waste to buy a deck and sat tuner for ~$300 when you can just buy the cheapest siruis tuner and an FM mod for $60

i wouldnt be buying a deck exclusively for satellite radio. but like i was saying, SQ isnt for everyone

That’s what you said before…