Sirius Hardwire into Pioneer head unit

Got me a nice pioneer head unit. Also got me a nice Sirius S50 and plan on keeping the truck for awhile so i decided to buy the FM direct kit.
http://www.tss-radio.com//images/FM_Direct_Adapter.jpg

Everything is hooked up correctly from the sirius to the box,to the headunit to the trucks antenna.

Actual FM radio works great!

Now how do i get the sirius to work? is there a feature in the radio that switched to the Antennas fead where the sirius is?

should bea fm transmitter setting…

but i already have a fm transmitter built in the s50. i was assuming that this was a direct wire kit that would go from the sirius to the head unit

if your fm signal is working the satellite signal should be working…they are going to the same input on your radio.

on the sirius headunit there is a setting to set which station you want the direct FM tap to go to.

You can set it for whatever you want, then set your radio for that station.

This works way better than those over the air fm transmitters, they are so shitty.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069892_298243808,00.html

[quote=“JustinH,post:5,topic:32528"”]

on the sirius headunit there is a setting to set which station you want the direct FM tap to go to.

You can set it for whatever you want, then set your radio for that station.

This works way better than those over the air fm transmitters, they are so shitty.

[/quote]

yeahh this is what i need 2 figureout

anyone know where to find this setting?

[quote=“Twizted,post:8,topic:32528"”]

anyone know where to find this setting?

[/quote]

the manual maybe?

lol

i dont have a manual. cd player came with the last car.

it wouldn’t be in the player manual, it would be in the fm modulator manual, there should be a switch that you switch to have it play on a specific station. Remember though if the FM modulator is on your other radio stations will barely come in. All the box does is take the feed from your phono out on the Sirius unit and feeds it to the antenna feed into the radio.

ok well no manual came with this unit i bought. i do have the option to turn off the fm transmitter on the S50. there is also no switch or anything on the box

buy a better fm modulator

[quote=“66impalass,post:13,topic:32528"”]

steal a better fm modulator

[/quote]

Fixed

[quote=“66impalass,post:13,topic:32528"”]

buy a better fm modulator

[/quote]

well this one came from sirius so i figured id be good

im sure the kit will do the job just fine…you just have to figure out how it works. if your getting a radio signal then the kit works. i dunno if you have to set the radio to a specific radio frequency or if the radio signal is supposed to be overridden when your satellite receiver sends a signal. try plugging in headphones to your satellite receiver to see if your even getting an audio signal.

you are suppose to set the kit to a specific frequency and the radio to the same

there is no way to set the kit to a freq. There are no adjustments on the box

then figure out what frequency to tune to on your radio, google would be your friend