Satellite tv?

[quote=“itsJim,post:19,topic:32956"”]

Go with DirecTV if you want a better picture, more content, and a MUCH better interface.

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They ever get all the bugs worked out of that POS HR20?

[quote=“itsJim,post:19,topic:32956"”]

Go with DirecTV if you want a better picture, more content, and a MUCH better interface.

[/quote]

:funny: there is a reason dish network’s 622 HD DVR is widely regarded as the best satellite receiver there is. but yeah not gonna get too involved in here, i’d be willing to bet a large sum of money that i get more channels than anyone else on here :snky:, but at least its not dish vs. cable.
DN > DTV > roof antenna > rabbit ears > AM radio > time warner

My HR20 HDDVR has worked flawlessly from day 1. And I have not seen a bad one go out or come back in the field in over 6 months. And I am 100% sure DirecTV will have more HD programming than any other provider over the next 4 months, and it will stay that way until January of 09’ when Dish Network and Time Warner are forced to keep up. With that said…
DirecTV>*

i have a direct tv tivo thats been in my posession five years still works great. direct tv recievers are pretty good these. in my 6months in the field i maybe replaced 3 recievers. 2 were from the burgler stepping on them and one was because lightning struck the telephone poles and the telephone system was not grounded. the only problem i know is on samsung tvs you cant use the h20 hdmi cable

When I was shopping they were having all kinds of problems with the HR20.

As for 01AudiS4’s opinion, he lost all credibility when he tried say there were no issues he was aware of with the HR20. At that time every DSS message board had a sticky thread of HR20 bugs that was over 20 pages. There’s towing the company line, and then there is flat out lieing.

Maybe DTV has fixed the bugs, I know they kept pushing down firmware after firmware, but before I ever considered getting DTV with an HR20 I’d make sure I found the answer from someone other than 01AudiS4. At the time I dumped Time Warner I was shopping for HD DVR’s, which mean the buggy HR20 with DTV, or the 622 with Dish, what most unbiased reviewers consider the best HDDVR on the market. It made it a pretty simple choice.

I’ve got nothing against DTV, and have nothing to gain from signing up a new Dish customer, since Joe beat me to offering a club dish coupon. Service wise I doubt there is much difference between DTV and Dish. If the bugs are worked out of the HR20, then it should just come down to which has the programming YOU want for the right price.

I’m not here to argue with the DTV guys. It’s not going to go anywhere. They think their product is superior. That’s ok.

There’s a reason Dish Network is gaining new customers at a faster pace then DTV and the cable companies do.

It definitely isn’t advertising. DTV spends 4 times the amount Dish does.

There’s gotta be other reasons despite what the DTV guys will tell you. Just talk to the people that have posted in this thread, check both companies for pricing, programming and then make your decision.