Saving money, cutting costs

LOL nissan should sell new, slightly used already deprecieated GTR’s. lol

:rofl not a bad idea!

lol true.

Cant afford one new, buy a used one.

Any GT-R in the 50-60k range likely has issues, or is an 09 or has high mileage. Service gets expensive at the 18kmi mark.

What year/mileage do you have?

1. 8kmi.

whats with expensive cars basically being junk if people actually drive them?

I cant see buying an $80k car and having it fall apart at less than 100k.

cause performance does not usually go hand in hand with durability

Doesn’t mean they fall apart, means the people driving them like the posession even if they don’t drive much.

Im judging by the posts above that say service is expensive at 18k and one with 50k has issues.

If I spend that much money on a car it better not fall apart with less than 200k on it.

I mean shit my '06 F150 has almost 120k and hasnt fallen apart and costs about a third of what a GTR costs new.

i was just looking at maintence costs…

Regular driving, no track use:
Engine Oil changes & Misc = $200 every 6,000 miles
Transmission & Differential Fluid Changes = $2,000 every 18,000 miles
Tire Change = $2,000 / set (tire life should be somewhere between 8,000 miles and 20,000 miles depending on many factors including how you drive, the roads where you live, weather conditions)
Annual POS (including alignment) = FREE
Brake pads & rotors = $6,000 / set (every 24,000 miles)

Says it is due to the amount of labor to remove all the under body panels. seems like something you could do yourself with a lift to save a ton of money. Also said aftermarket brake pads and rotors would be half price opposed to oem.
Deffinately a sweet car. i’d like to own one some day, but i won’t hold a note on one so i’ll keep saving till then.

edit: http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/60900-the-official-gt-r-faq/

That’s not that bad…

wtf are the brakes made out of? Gold bars?

Oil is $20 something a jug for full synthetic and at the most youre using 2 jugs. A filter is $5 or less.

If youre blowing thru tires at 8k youre doing too many burnouts or Tokyo drift type driving. Tires should last 30k+ under normal conditions.

that was what i thought as well

There is no real good aftermarket cheaper alternative for brakes unfortunately. Aftermarket is similar in costs. Lol at tires lasting 30k on a performance car like that.

Check if Performance Friction offers anything for them. May not be much cheaper than stock, but I know they last a while even with heavy track use. 2-piece too, so after first buy, you just need the discs w/o hats which are 1/2 the cost.

Meh until you get audited and they ask why there is a vehicle purchase/ lease in your “advertising” account. I wouldn’t suggest doing this.

This.

ACCOUNTING WIZARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Within reason, of course- I mean if you running a bait & tackle shop and decide that you’re going to purchase a tour bus for advertising, it’s probably not gonna fly in your “how-could-they-possibly-do-this” audit.

Either way, I’m sure you have a much better idea on what would be acceptable than I do, ma’am. :thumb

Every so often you really manage to say some dumb stuff. 30,000 miles out of tires on ANY sports car? :banghead

I get about 7-8kmi on my s, I smoke em a lot tho