Saving money, cutting costs

+1.

+2

>.>

Lights won’t chase us

The rate of inflation would probably nullify any savings there. lol

I would be willing to bet there are a hundred times a year where a simple “do I NEED this or do I WANT this” second thought on a random $25 purchase would require far less work and work 10 times better per year!

:rofl

:hug

5% off all gas purchases basically = 20 cents off per gallon. I have a different version of this card which is basically 5% back as well on gas, but also 3% back on groceries. That’s my gas/groceries card. My other car gives me 1.5% back on all purchases. I pay all my bills with that card and pay for just about everything with it, pay in full at the end of the month.

https://www.penfed.org/Platinum-Cash-Rewards/

bumping this for a couple things.

Sears:
Sears tool of the month club, make one tool purchase over $200 and sign up for free, get a free $10 to spend on tools every month (expires at the end of each month and then a new $10 is issued)

sears shop your way rewards card. I’ve had a sears credit card since I was 18. use it on purchases and save 5%, also get points on shop your way rewards program, bonus points are given all the time. special offers like if you buy something for $10 you get a free $10 in points on your card kind of thing. I usually buy a tool or two a month, I don’t feel like I really spend too much $ but I end up with $20-30 each month in rewards points.

Also found this out yesterday, if you buy something from sears online and get the in store pickup and they don’t bring it out within 5 minutes of checking in you get a free $5 gift certificate.

Dicks sporting goods:
on the bottom of your receipt there is a survey, go online and do the survey within 7 days of your purchase and get $10 off your next purchase over $50. I’m over there every week and $10 here and there really adds up.

cabelas card.

They have the same sort of points system. Always have hundreds of deals 10, 20 30%+ points back on specials from them. Normally is %2 back in points from purchases from them and 1% from purchases anywhere else that visa is accepted. So $10 spent at cabelas is $0.20 in points. or $0.10 in points if spent on say gas at a gas station.

If you are responsible, you can just use that card for all purchases then when you get home or the next day make a payment from your checking account linked to it to pay it right off on the spot… but the points just rack up. A years worth of gas bought and paid for this way, for me is like $48 or so in points. I am using it for my parts purchases at for my shop too… I have a couple hundred bucks in points for next years ocean fishing supplies.

cableas card sucks, I have one and never use it (only use it for business) because you only get $1 for every $100 spent

live off of mac n cheese and ramen noodles…thats how i plan on saving up for a new truck. i sat down and looked at my spending and going out was killing me.

ohh another good one.

Price chopper gas rewards deal. You get money off on gas at participaiting stations based on how much you spent at price chopper.

My dads buddy runs a construction biz himself and does this. Every monday he goes to price chopper and buys like a grand in HomeDepot gift cards they sell there. Gets $1+ off per gallon. $3500 in materials needed for a week bought on gift cards is free gas for the week.

Sofar they havent said anything or stopped him yet but he said both the homedepot people and PC clerks he sees all the time know what hes up to. lol

yeah the points are low but free money is free money and i like them more for fishing shit than basspro.

Anyother rewards cards like that with higher % points back? I never really looked to be honest with ya.

watch for managers specials at price chopper for extra gas points. I bought roses there a few weeks back, and got an automatic $0.50 off per gallon

I can see how that works, but for the average person the price chopper gas rewards isn’t that great. The price for most of their items are way more expensive than places like Hanaford, Shop-rite and Walmart.

I have a price chopper less than a mile from my house and we drive out of the way to go to price rite. $100 in groceries is about $65-70 at price rite for the same exact stuff

It sucks that the PC gas thing is only good for 20 gallons. My truck takes 24 or so each fill up.

Also Sunoco is usually more expensive than other stations and they charge more for credit than cash and prepaying is a clusterfuck.

Not sure if relevant to thread

Took my first step to building credit today. Got a secured card from Sefcu.