Saving money, cutting costs

Correct. They skip a month and extend the loan by 1 month in the back end. What I was saying is, they report it as paid on time to the credit bureaus.

http://i.imgur.com/OXELS.jpg

*Disclaimer: Not all can be credited to Buffett

My mom, in an email to one of my daughters today…

“a little bit of saving is good, lots of living is better”

Off topic, but still within the purpose of this thread:

Went to walmart last night to get groceries for the next week. Spent $35, which included $8 of popsicles (a necessity in our household). Got to the register and realized some of the potatoes in my 5lb bag already had spuds on them, so I put them aside.

Stopped at Hannaford afterwards to pick up the potatoes and some more JA-LAP-EN-OHs and realized the same exact 5lb bag of potatoes was cheaper at Hanny- and looked 100% better than Walmart. Also realized that SOME canned products (especially veggies) are CHEAPER AT HANNY.

Now, I love Walmart because the majority of the time the stuff I buy is cheaper, but last night proved that I should be shopping around. Both Walmart & Hannaford are on my way home from work, so no extra traveling is involved- just a few extra minutes.

We’ve been spending about $35-45 a week on all groceries (bfast/ lunch/ dinner) for both of us the past few weeks and it is really adding up. We do eat leftovers a lot, but if you plan correctly, you don’t have to spend over $100 at the store every week!

I wish Hannaford had reasonable prices on EVERYTHING, but, they don’t. Certain items are definitely cheaper, but most are just plain ridiculous.

Also, join these Garage Sale groups on FB. Shit is CHEAP. Awesome way to save a few, or make some if you have shit to sell.

People are worse than craigslisters on that Queensbury one. Wife posted iPhone 4 in mint condition about a month ago for $200 with a ton of accessories, lady asks if she’ll take $25. Uhhh, no. Ended up selling on eBay for $250 within 20 minutes of listing it.

:lol

Yea there are some nuts on there lol. But its worked well for me.

I just picked up a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Fully loaded, no rust, brand new tires. All it needs are new spider gears for the rear end. Talked the guy down from $2500 to $1100.

Throw in $300 for the gears and labor. Just bought myself a decent truck for $1400 lol

Nicely done. Gotta just filter through the 'tards I guess. hahaha

Talk to steff and help her buy groceries! No idea how the heck we spend 3 times that it seems and we are never home to have dinners together so its always little lunch’s and quick dinners then leftovers for tomorrow.

I have a 8.8 rear trac-lok diff with 3.98 ring still on it. Probably the same ring as yours was or ya could have swapped it out. Bummer i didnt know ya needed it sooner.

Shit! Well, its not a huge deal. I bought an entire rear end for $150 on the same site lol.

Scrap pile. if you do any amount of work around your garage or house, start a scrap pile. i didn’t realize how much metal i was throwing out. My pile quickly turned from a large 55 gallon barrel to a large wooden crate. In just a few months i’ve probably got 4-500lb in there, and i’ve got an entirely seperate pile of aluminum and another 5 gallon bucket full of copper. It’s not going to make me rich, but it’s money i was otherwise throwing out.

Our scrap guy demo’d walmarts and big shit like that back whwn they would havebto pay to remove scrap. He got paid to take metal away. He piled it up on property and when scrap wemt through the roof spent a year bringing it to port. $725k in a years time not a bad deal right. Talk about making a killing.

Those story’s were the highlight of my night :rofl

I remember when I worked in a transmission shop we used to save all the metal parts were replaced in a shed out back.

When there was quite a bit of it my boss had me load it all into his 1 ton dump truck. The truck was sagging with all the weight in it and he took the load down to Predel’s and got something like $37 for the whole load.

Just got rid of all of my premium movie channels from TWC. Showtime, Starz, Encore, Cinemax, HBO… Saved $50/month, so $600 a year for channels I don’t even watch.

I’m trying to turn myself into more of a minimalist.

Quick look at your sig…hmm

911 turbo, m3, x5 diesel, yes the bare minimum to get from a to b.

Emphasis on “trying to turn into”. At least two of those vehicles are for sale lol.

just a bit of a american dollar update

the canadian dollar is worth the same as american. 1 to 1. ya pretty lame

i am not even old and i remember when i got about .30 cents over for each dollar. so within 5-10years our dollar has droped about 30% compared to canadian.

i would start saving candian money and spending all your american money. this is best savings advice if you want to save money or buy ammo.

the aussies dollar is worth more than ours. before we were 50% higher. now we are lower.

if we keep going the way we are going your saved american money will be worthless.

valuable items like ammo, guns, water,food, health supplies should be top of list. the things we need should be #1. not saving a depreaciating dollar.

at the rate things are going all fiat currencies are declining against things of objective value (commodities). that means in simple terms things you need cost more while your dollar is worth less.

i hope some nepolean figure can restore our moneys value. because i ask my grandpa what he thins and he says he remembers when there was penny candy, you could get gas and snack for .25cents. he saved money back then and now its not worth a thing. he might be able to pay some bills. when he saved it he could of bought a bunch of cars and sold them now for a huge profit. thats because saving money isnt the responsible thing to do. ask bill gates if he saves all there money. most of his money is equity. or things he has has values.

hes not stupid enough to say i am saving my money.