SCH-i760 (Verizon) Gets Windows Mobile 6.1

As of yesterday.

Upgrade tool for Vista:
https://techtrain.samsungwireless.com/tekweb/techpage/Support/Downloads/vzw_i760/SCH-i760_WM_6_1_Upgrade_Tool_For_Vista.zip

Upgrade tool for XP:
https://techtrain.samsungwireless.com/tekweb/techpage/Support/Downloads/vzw_i760/SCH-i760_WM_6_1_Upgrade_Tool_For_XP.zip

Did you do yours yet?

Naw just found it. I’m at work.

…and can’t find my data cable.

Should I test it out on Dan’s phone first? Hehehe…

lol probably. My i760 has never been very stable, so I’m hoping this helps things.

WinMo 6.1 is pretty good compared to 6.0. I know when I upgraded my Treo from 5.0 to 6, it was like it was a new phone so I can’t imagine how good 6.1 has to be… :OMG:

So far it looks pretty good, although I haven’t had much time to play since I’m sitting here fighting with wifey’s new Mac. :lolno:

Threaded text messaging is pretty cool though.

what?

Fry has the same phone you do… You would have been my beta tester.

I updated mine earlier today and maybe it’s just me but it seems to operate much faster. When I slide out the keyboard to start typing I don’t have to wait for 5-10 seconds like I had to before. The threaded SMS is pretty nice too.

this is good. maybe ill be able to start letting ppl buy windows mobile phones @ work

So I can change batteries with SPB Pocket Plus installed without having to soft boot 10 times after swapping batteries. Couldn’t do that with 6.0.

Threaded messaging, as mentioned seems cool.

There’s a built in RD client. Haven’t tried it.

Built in task manager, complete with CPU and memory utilization is very nice.

Email account management is a bit more streamlined.

Does seem a touch faster.

Oh, and there’s a Samsung splash screen before the Verizon splash screen on boot up.

I am going to upgrade Dan’s phone… When I say that I mean brick it.

Dew it. It’s like 6.0 without the bugs.

Don’t be afraid if you have to do the upgrade more than once. I’ve read that that isn’t uncommon. Mine failed at about 70%, said to soft reset the device, then booted 6.1. So I did it a second time just to be sure.

I am gonna brick it on purpose though… Just to be a dick to Dan… :rofl:

just put it in the microwave for 10 seconds. he wont even know.

But this way I can claim it being Samsung’s fault… hehehhe.

:wtf:

It doesn’t let you elect to not auto-configure email, and it auto-configures gmail as a pop account. This puts a copy of everything you send into your inbox. :picard:

The fix is to enter in a dummy email and when the auto-config fails you set up gmail how you want.

:tdown:

I just noticed that it adds a signature to every email I send from it now. I didn’t even know until someone asked about it.

It seems to act better with Tasks coming from my Exchange server as well.