School me on Bluray

Getting a player for the godfather movies that were just released. I need to know about the current audio formats. My receiver does not support them so im thinking i would need to get a BRD player that decodes, but which one is good. I need to have TrueHD and DTSHD Master decoding on this player. Is there a player out there that can convert all of these formats, or am i gunna have to buy a receiver. Also no HDMI on my receiver so that might fuck me right there.

ps3 might be the best buy for a blu ray player. i dont know much about them, but i do know that my brother was searching for one and found out that the ps3 is the best bang for the buck.

umm lol no its not, far from it from what ive read, plus i dont want another game system atm.

thx tho.

lol my bad, it was worth a shot. good luck though, i havent had the need to upgrade to br yet. im interested to see how it turns out for you tho.

really? i thought it was a pretty good one…

I was thinking about getting one for the bluray playing abilities, and then so i could have it “for to play” when my shitty friends come over.

my samsung BD-P1400 has TrueHD and DTSHD

well from what i was reading there are alot of different audio formats and im not sure if the ps3 does BD-live either.

I have wondered why my laptop has a 17" 1080p screen but no BluRay player :frowning:

At least I have HDMI output so I can download videos and then put them on my TV that way.

i’m just gonna do a blu-ray player in my pc, and they’re only like $120-200ish for the decent ones

just through bitstream it does

Absolutely it does. The PS3 was actually the first player to support BD-live. I’m not sure where you read it isn’t a good player, but the PS3 really is one of the best Blu-Ray players on the market. That’s why I bought mine. The games are just a bonus.

I bought a Magnavox BluRay player at Wal-Mart it was marked as $195. It was the cheapest one I could find and find the quality is amazing. It even make my standard DVD’s look better.

hmm, interesting, but im still going stand alone i think, i dont need another game system.

you might end up spending the same on a br player though, if not more.

i found a panasonic bd-30 for 270.

fuck this is confusing lol

lol im all set with my up converting dvd player.

im buying this for the godfather dvds lol

sad huh.

Na. I dont set the bar too high for you as it is.

lol this coming from someone that doesnt know its illegal for a us citizen to fly out of the usa into cuba

Does it Bitstream TrueHD and HD Master Audio yet?