school me on import SUVs

Just of note, shouldn’t she be the one that is pleased as it is her car?

christ. update this thread in 3yrs with the current value of both vehicles, then let’s discuss how the difference in depreciation completely offset the initial $$ ‘saved’

update this thread in 3yrs with the current value of both vehicles, then let’s discuss how the difference in depreciation completely offset the initial $$ ‘saved’

sad but true. gotta agree there

id go with the rav-4 imo ive dirven all you listed the rav 4 by far is the best one it has mor epickup than the saturn vue and comes with a better warranty.

Shanghai, March 31, 2008 (Gasgoo.com) General Motors popular car in North America, the 2008 Chevrolet Equinox, is now equipped with a Chinese-made V-6 engine, the Xinhua news agency said today, citing a New York Times report.

The 185-horsepower V-6 engine, the first powertrain imported from China to be used in a U.S.-made vehicle, is reported to be powerful, smooth, and quiet, and will probably give the Equinox a cost edge over competing vehicles such as the RAV4 or the Jeep Liberty.

The report said that the arrival of this engine is one of the most important steps on China’s long march to becoming an auto exporter.

“This is the first Chinese-made engine going into this market,” said Eric A. Fedewa, vice president for powertrain forecasts at CSM Worldwide, an automotive analysis firm. “It was an experiment to see if G.M. could use its facility in China to take costs out of a vehicle.”

The engine is built at Shanghai General Motors, a joint venture of G.M. and the Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC).
Last year, China exported more than $12 billion in auto parts, up from less than $2 billion in 2002 – the majority to North America.

Ignorance is bliss. :slight_smile:

But the money saved on the Chinese engines pays for American retirees’ health insurance…right back into our economy :stuck_out_tongue:

:lol:

the one my mom got I popped the hood on, and it has the same 3400 V6 that I’ve seen in a million older Eqinox’s when I worked at Paddock :gotme:

Which were all made in China. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I don’t know why that article is talking about “starting now.”

The equinox has always had the Chinese built LNJ 3400.

What did you expect to open it and see a yellow engine with slitty eyed intake ports?

Either way I’m sure it’s way better than the trailblazer at least, congrats to zee mom.

:lol: :clap: :rofl: :omg:

i’ll get pics of this thing up later. we picked it up last night and its actually pretty nice. i took it for a quick ride, aside from it being slow as all hell, i actually really like how the drivers compartment is laid out and i think theres more room than the trail blazer. its ok, nothing id ever own for myself though, then again I was never too fond of the Trail Blazer we had either. I’ll keep my little red Jeep than you very much haha.

powertrain made in china
chassis assembled in canada
poor gas mileage

God Bless America.

i agree im not sure why the hell my mom insisted on getting this thing thing, because I dont really see how its gonna save THAT much gas. but its not my money nor is it my car.

Especially with cars, people do what they want and justify it with logic. God knows a mini would suit my needs a lot better than an Xterra 99.9% of the time…

i’ll stick with my slow pickup truck DD. :shrug:

But yea Mike, :tup: At least you did the work for her

as i have attempted to do many times, and miserably failed lol. going on what you said, I think one of those Smart Cars would justify 99% of people’s needs for a DD on here, yet no1 has one.

No, a Toyota Yaris would. :wink:

A 185hp V6?

Are you effing kidding me? That’s what my old V6 Toyota Camry made, and it was a damn '92 model year.