Small SUV

My dad’s in the market for a new vehicle, and he’s leaning towards the small SUV sector but is open to other suggestions. Anyways, here’s a breakdown of the criteria:

2006 or newer model year
Price range: under $15k
Automatic transmission
AWD

Some models he’s considering:
Toyota RAV4 first preference
Kia Sportage
Honda CR-V
Hyundai Santa Fe
Ford Escape
Suzuki SX4
Subaru Impreza Wagon

If anyone has anything to offer, post up or PM me. Thanks!

bump

bump

would he consider a extended cab tacoma…just a thought

Nah he doesn’t want a pickup, thanks though.

cool good luck in your findings

1 vote for the cr-v, even though you can’t get a v6.

I helped my mom pick up a barely used (6000 mile) 2007 last Xmas and ended up driving it for a week before delivering it. That is just one nice vehicle. If it could tow my toys I’d definitely buy one to replace my suv.

Have a 2008 Rav4 Sport 4cyl for sale.

Silver over Black Cloth
34,000 miles

Going to be more like $17,500 though.

Hmm, are you the original owner?

bump

why not a saturn Vue? Looked at those for the GF for a while and you can get an 06/07 easily in that range, but an 08-09 can be had low miles in that range as well, depending on options. get the V6 though.

I’m not sure if my dad wants to go with a dying breed, but I’ll pass the idea along.

^ Good read

Newer Rav4’s come with a V6. Not a bad vehicle over all either.

I’ve eliminated the V6 preference. It actually makes more sense to go with a 4 cylinder since it will get better gas mileage. RAV4 is really what he would like, but has also been considering the Kia Sportages. CR-V would be nice but it seems most of those are on the higher end of the price spectrum.

Yes, Girlfriend bought it new from West Herr Toyota. Mileage is currently 33,800. Just put brand new tires on it.

It’s so tempting, but my dad said he’s set his limit at $15k. I’ll keep trying though, maybe if he can’t find anything else within the next couple months.

cool, good luck.

Pics and Ad should be up on autotrader this week if he wants to look at them.

Yeah, I keep thinking about a V6 Rav with a tow package to replace my Expedition but I’m pretty sure I’m going to end up with a Murano.

What about a Forester? The SX4 is cool too, RAV4 and CRV of course. I cannot recommend The Hyundais or Kia unless you are leasing a new one, I work on those POS’s. (Work on Subarus too).