school me on mini coopers...

ive always had a eye for them… especialy the one that is red and has the star on the side on nyspeed… how are the motors? are they easy to build? parts easy to get?

The old ones are awesomer.

But it’s FWD, get a real car.

they are alright if thats your thing. hood release is on the passenger side.

LOL hA

austin powers has one, and i love his movies

my buddy is a bmw master tech, told me they have to pull and clean the heads like every 40k because of carbon buildup in teh valves

They’re like mopeds and fat chicks… Fun to ride but you don’t want your friends to find out.

It seems like they have a pretty large aftermarket. I have a friend that has a first gen iron block/supercharged one. It has a bunch of stuff done to it, its pretty quick.

teh gay

edit: when a miata driver calls it gay, it MUST be really gay.

lolz

gerken?

Only thing missing on these cars is RWD. Other then that its a blast. I test drove one a while back before I bought my M. Part of me regrets not getting it.

No idea who that is. You wouldn’t know the person I am referring to I don’t think.

Damn, my girlfriend is student teaching next semester and I told her once she gets a job we can look for a newer car for her and I put this on a list of cars she could buy. I really don’t feel like doing that every 40k though.

I wanted to get her an S (w/ checker board roof and a bunch of fog lights, haha) is this a problem with both motors, just the base, or just the S?

Why not get her something that won’t make her look ridiculous?

They’re a cool car, I like them. My sister had a modded mini-S for a while. They are pretty roomy for what they are but if you’re over 6’3 expect to hit your head on the oh-shit handle once in a while. I think it’d be a pain in the ass with a helmet for autoX too.

This is assuming the passenger side is the same as the drivers side.

Its also wrong wheel drive though.

They are awesome lil auto-x machines

i drove mine to 70k besides blowing the coolant bottle 4x it was a great little car.

I have owned 2 Mini Cooper S’s and this is the first time I heard about carbon buildup. Mine w/ a pulley and intake plus tune put down 206.4 whp and 191lbs of tq. Mine was an 05 Supercharged model. The newer S’s (07+) are alot more refined but are putting down alot more power after tune (230+whp and 250lbs+) but I still don’t like them and my wife owns an 07.