scrap yard question

ok,scraps really high and decent cars and some rare cars are getting scrapped and crushed, i need a 350, the local scrap yard has many they rip em out and crush em, is there any law or anything that allows people first dibs and stuff to be scrapped? or how can i go abouts getting them to sell or give me a motor?

my eyes hurt.

no, no law. make friends with the scrap yard lot lizards.

I’ve always thought of getting in good with the independent guys who pick up cars and take them in for scrap. They could care less about anything other than getting the most $ possibly, so a junk motor is the same as a good one, metal is metal. Little trim parts and such don’t weigh anything. Advertise on CL.

uh, i dont know what to say… but these come to mind…
do you own a gun and have a tat of it?

i shood go there and offer them the 350 longblock i have in exchange for a lowermile one they have

you’re so cheap that you can’t afford junkyard parts

if this is true

find another hobby

junkyards dnt have any good 350,s i looked, but i know for a fact the locla scrap yard crushes em daily

a) fixed for spelling
b) these two statements do not make any sense next to each other in the context of this thread

low mile and junk dont go hand in hand.

Edit/ just rebuild any 350, rebuild kits are cheap.

i got one sitting in my garage, i just dnt feel like dealing with a machine shop

To go faster you want a junk yard motor? Um…

/thread.

-_-

I don’t even know where to begin here, if a junkyard is too expensive.

haha your names fuzzyfish, they call me fuzz at work(sry offtopic i no) its not too expensive im just saying

Umm, I see them at M&M all the time. Under $200 pulled for you, and you can put power to them and run them if you want if the car is semi-complete.

ok let me get this straight…you want to go through all the trouble to get a motor out of a scrap yard, but calling a machine shop and say “here, I’m rebuilding this engine, how much would it cost to have this honed and check the crank and all the clearances for me?” they will tell you a price, save your pennies (cuz apparently you’re either piss poor or the cheapest fuck on NYSpeed) and then when you have enough saved up, take the block and crank there and have them do the work, few days later you come back, exchange your money for your freshly machined block, and there ya go!

ever heard the term “work smarter, not harder”???

/thread…again

Dude just keep what u got for now because no scrap motor will be better. Collect parts and then build it yourself! Just have a machine shop go through the block and match the pistons. A junk yard isnt called a junk yard because you get nice shit.
By the way saw you the other day in SB. Paint looks good, but get some matching rims, was that an 18" on the rear and a steely on the front?

18 in front stock in rear, ya, i got new tires mounted on the other 18,s im waiting for the spacers to come in because the tires i have now for the back are wider than before and wont clear the wheel well