Screw you Bally's Total Fitness

I have a couple of close friends & siblings that have had nearly identical problems with Bally’s. My condolences for Your time & frustration.

And, Be sure to follow up with them regarding the late reporting. Documents. Then send the doc’s into the credit bureaus (through normal disput process).

i had the same deal with gold’s gym but it was because i moved 1/2 hour from the closest gym. I talked to them in person and they cancelled the account. A month or two later i get collection calls from some company in texas, i had to fight with them & gold’s for about a month worth of daily calls explaining everything, faxing new/old lease agreements proving i moved, a huge PITA, and still ended up paying a $60 fee just to have them terminate everything. Make sure you check your credit report, they most likely put a “charge off” notice on it since it got sent to collections.

is it tru that collections agency can garnish your wages or take away your tax returns? I had a friend who owed like 2k on a school loan (federal loan) and he didnt pay it and they threatened to take his tax refund. If he pays will he still have a bad mark on his credit report?

Lets think this one through:

Not paying money that you owe = bad
Paying money that you owe = good

It won’t go away immediately but it’ll just keep getting worse if he continues to blow off a creditor that he rightfully owes money.

VERY TRUE ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE SCHOOL LOANS!

The more you put it off the worst, because each collection agency is different meaning some are more willing to work with you then others.

werd, thats probably gonna save your ass