Scribble tuned

ok, so as most of you know, my 240 has been on stands for about the last 7 months.

Today I took it upon myself to install the solid sunframe bushings. As a warning to others. Don’t, the amount of work necessary to remove the oem/damaged bushings makes it almost not worth it.

I spent about 6 hours burning the rubber out, and cutting the sleves and hammering them out. when it only took me about 20 min to get all 8 aluminum bushings installed.

I’m tired and sore, and I just gave up after putting in the last bushing. maybe I’ll get it onto the car tomorrow and get the diff in there too.

Subframe collars FTW

http://www.bings.ca/files/subframe%20bushings.jpg

These aluminum pieces completely replace your worn out subframe bushings.

Surprisingly these pieces are not untolerable in a daily driver even with full multi-link and coilover suspension, but then again we’re all a little crazy here. These are certain to piss off any future passengers who dont really understand why your car is so loud and harsh.

You will have to drop your subframe completely to install these pieces, as such, this mod is reserved only for the truest of ballers.

Yup these things. :slight_smile: my original subframe basically fell apart in my hands when I took it off, as well my diff wouldn’t fit in an s13 case (because I didn’t have the right shafts) so I grabbed an s14 subframe, but one of the frame bushings was toast. so they all had to come out and these had to go in. Pain the in the rear end I tell yah wha !

don’t worry be happy?

yeah dont ever get into this if you are on any type of schedule…

we actually hammered out alot of the bushings in our subframes because burning them out was taking too long… + beating shit up with a huge hammer is wicked fun.

collars are a much better alternative for anyone that doesnt like to swear

Too late, I installed those spl solid bushings 3 years ago and still have nightmares about it. Your car is going to feel alot different and make a shit ton of noise now.