SCUBA divers

Does Anybody on here scuba dive? I just got certified this past weekend and was wondering who dives and where they go in the area?

I’ve never gone in the area but I’ve heard there are some decent dives in Lake Erie/Ontario. Especially Erie since it’s pretty shallow.

But if you’re willing to make the drive, the thousand island area apparently has some killer dives with excellent visibility.

Where did you get certified?

My dad is a certified instructor and I used to go in the past. I really wanna re certify and go to Cozumel again with a group. Never have dived locally but I have heard of some places in the lakes that can be pretty cool I thought people went to.

Windmill Quarry across the border seems like a good place to dive.

I’ve been diving for a few years, locally there are a few options…

From cheap to $$$
River drift: $0 15-25ft viz usually sux 5-15ft
Windmill: $10 17-27ft viz ranges from 3ft to 15ft, boring, good place to try new gear.
Sherkson quarry: $? same viz as windmill, they have some neat old locomotives underwater to check out.
Local boat dives: $60 all ships around buffalo were blown to pieces, not worth seeing, viz is 15-25ft, 20-60ft
Dunkirk dives with osprey: $90+ The best lake erie has to offer, my fav is the boland… http://www.osprey-dive.com/shipwreck.cfm
1k islands: $400 weekend, 2 days 3 dives a day, great wrecks, great viz, close to home, decent currents.

Let me know if your looking for gear, I have 2-3 of everything.

Ft lauderdale. Im serious, once you dive down there you wont tough lake erie. Wrecks big fish deep water, its real diving. Ponta sur in cozumel is even better, put it on your list.

Ps need a cheap but like new BC?