sean taylor is a pussy

its a cheap hit regardless. the racial thing isnt really what im focusing on. it might not be totally out of the question but its stretching it to make that point. i think that he just saw an opportunity to blast a punter. he shouldve maybe held up a bit but chose to try and look cool and hamer him. i’m sure there are a bunch of times those QBs couldve gotten hammered or even the WRs across the middle but didnt. the probowl isnt meant to be played like that. the last thing you want is to injure one of a teams star players in a meaningless game…end of story. but taylor wanted to make a highlight, so whatever.

U got the ball u get hit.plain n simple…whats the problem?

well said.

:bigthumb:

and soccer!!!

It’s a football game. People get hit. It’s not like he picked on some wheelchair bound woman who was not able to get out of her own way.

If its such an “exhibition”, then why was that idiot Belichick running a fake punt? If the game didn’t mean anything, then he wouldn’t have ran that play.

You play NFL football, you get hit. It’s just the way it is. I don’t understand all the fuss.

you should know the answer as to why. why didnt the defensemen in the nhl allstar game drop crosby or anyone who stands in front of the net looking for rebounds? why didnt polomalu wait to blast any one of those recievers who crossed the middle? why dont QBs get dropped and hurt in that game? they have players mic’ed up during the game and they are laughing the whole time, for christs sake. its an exhibition game for the games stars to get together and put on a show. not for people to get blasted. i’m not sayin let the guy take the fake punt to the end zone for a score, but you gotta have alittle bit more class than to line someone up and drill him, like that in a game with nothing on the line.

they even have different rules for the probowl. too bad i’ll miss PTI tonight because i would love to hear what they have to say about it.

^ ya, thats true i forgot about that

why? Kornheiser and Wilbon are half-retarded.

and they know more about sports than you.

The issue I have is faking the punt. That is low brow, so in retaliation for that, I don’t have any problem with Sean Taylor trying to send that punter to meet his maker.

Thats almost like in the NHL game, say the game was really really tight and one of the teams pulled the goalie. When he gets pulled, all the sudden someone gets hit into the boards and breaks a wrist. I don’t have any problem with that, because they shouldn’t have pulled the goalie.

hmm, well in those same scenerios i disagree. so be it:beer:

I would hope so. :hsugh:

The hit was legal but it showed no class on sean taylor’s part. Its not like we would expect anything other than classless show off play from him though.

I would have absolutely no problem if he hit a punter like that during camp, pre, regular or post season play.

In my opinion the PRO BOWL is played purely for entertainment. I believe FAKE punts and other trick plays are to be expected in this game. Aside from entertaining the fans it gave the punter a chance to run the ball and have some fun.

this is completely absured. nfl players have been asked so many times about this and they all play to compete…what the hell is the damn point just to watch them run around and do stupid trick plays and go “oooh?” i want to see all the pros compete and work together as a team. i understand he probaly saw the punter run with the ball 30 yards back but what do you expect a defensive player to do? take a nice jog over and ease up so the punter can break a tackle and look good? fuck that. that’s what i call entertainment.

then why are the rules different? then why dont qb’s ever get hit hard? wr’s across the middle. you dont know what youre talking about. theres a line of making a competative tackle thats acceptable and flat out lining someone up to blast.

I understand the rules…no qb gets hit hard because of no blitzing. i think i have clue what i’m talking about because i played 6 years of football in my life so please stfu. it’s a legal hit bottom line…whether you think it was unclassy of him or not… he didn’t do anything illegal. its funny just thinking about trying to tell a fs to “let up” on someone…

oh thats cool. did those 6 years include 6 pro bowl selections too?