Sell me on a new car.

i can fin dloads of z3s 97-00 with the 2.8 and shit for less than 18k with less than 80k on them all day long. there was a boosted one in georgia going for 16k machtech turbo OMG so hot!

if you’re gonna pull the trigger on it, get it from some place warm and rust free - like Texas, AZ, or California - cars seem nearly ageless as compared to the rustbelt / snowbelt.

You should be able to land a used St00k rather cheaply as the H logo isn’t nearly as bling as the BMW or MB logo.

i drove by a white c5 vette today and the asking price was 16,500 or something like that. i dont have any specs on the car (auto/manual, mileage, empty condom wrappers on the floor, etc.) but it does look like its in sexellent condition. this was off the blvd heading towards nf fyi.

my dad just told me about this car. I think it is the same one, 140,000 miles 1998 auto.

geesh…

bluebook on it is 13k if it is in excellent condition.

yup, looked it up

damn. it does look very nice though.

retail is about 16k though.

Sounds like a fun project car…

That info is not 100% accurate… the MSM has a lower redline than the regular version (something like 6.2k), and No Miata has ever had an 8k redline. Fuel cut on the 1.8L is 7200, but with aftermarket ECU (or a crystal swap, LOL), 7500 is possible. That and a six speed tranny means shifting excessively. Note that one of the first things Flyin’ Miata did to theirs was to put the five speed back in. Alternatively, you could swap the rear end ratio pretty easily, too. The low redine is just annoying though.

That said, You can “roll your own” boosted Miata for alot less than an MSM and have none of the MSM’s limitations. Take your pick of turbo or supercharger. Closed deck iron block, it can handle plenty of boost. The most common drawback is cooling, and if you get too crazy you start needing to look for upgrades to the rear diff. The other thing you run into with any Miata is the ability to fit a wide enough wheel and tire to put down any substantial amount of power. Forget about anything wider than a 245.

S2000 is a good choice, and I’m in agreement with Howie on that as well: you can spend a whole lot of money to gain very little on that car. Unless you call the fine fellows at Amuse. Then you’ll spend even more, but at least you’ll get some return on investment.

Solstice GXP and Sky Redline will both be direct competitors of the S2000, you can count on it. Others have suggested boosting the stock motor or swapping, but the stock engine in the NA versions is the 2.4L, while the boosted version is the 2.0L. I think the Cobalt SS and Ion Redline are also the same way.

The M Roadster (Z3 based) is not all that great in reality. Ask around the peope who really know. The Z4 chassis and suspension setup is superior to the older Z3 version. This is coming from people who have quite a bit of seat time in them.

^^ So just because the z4 is better than the older m roadster, its no longer a badass car? The kid was thinking of getting a sky…

:tup: i’m surprised this advice hasn’t already been mentioned…

not that many people would drive a stook in the winter, but knowing some of the tards around here, i wouldnt put it past them to expose it to salt…

buy a southern car, you’ll never regret it…

(unless you buy a southern Z…they suck)

i would drive it all year long. if i paid for it i would want to enjoy it. i would put some snow tires on that shit and get nutty with it.

its only a fucking car. not only is it just a car, its just a honda for petes sake. its not like its a 54 gullwing.

correct, hence why mine stayed on the road alll year long

Those couple of 50-60 degree days in the middle of the winter make it worth it :tup:

I am in full agreeance…whatever I buy next is gonna be a 12mos. car…sun…rain…winter…If I am paying close to 500 bux a month its not gonna sit in the garage…and there is this thing called water…it does great to knock the salt off the car…but even better is an undercoat job. Cars dont rust from salt…cars rust from people who dont take care of them before/during/after they are exposed to salt.

lol.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?result_car_id=null&dealership_view_name=www.patleary.com&car_id=201207338&dealer_id=5014404

he wants too much but talk his ass down

lol, right color my ass

I just thought about it for a sec… and realized that has more meaning than meets the eye…

Darkkstar loves the yellow

that’s the one he test drove.