Sell My Car? Not A For Sale Thread So Dont Move It Dicks!

haha ok well seirously

most of you guys know i’m getting more and more serious about motorsports, for some reason i keep falling into drifting but I really want to be doing road racing. Along with that comes a new love for motorcycles and possibly a death wish? haha but seriously

My S14 is really not a road racing designed car. I mean i love it to death and everything, but its got way too much power and not nearly enough suspension and chassis work to be capable for road racing, and even if that was accomplished the car would still not fit into any decent classes.

The most feasible option for me tomove up in racing would be to sell my S14, and buy a semi preppred race car for about 8,000, and put a bit of money into it, and keep the rest for racing expenses and possibly a bike.

But it brings me to the investment I have on my S14, i mean i’d never get the money I put into it I know, but do you guys really think anyone would be willing to pay 35,000$ for my car? I mean the engine would be all put back together, tuned on the dyno for 350rwhp @ 20psi with the interior put back together and all the body work cleaned up nice, with the spare set of falkens.

Supras go for like 75,000$ in the states with similar modifications so the value of hte car is there, but is the market?

Parting the car would take so long and I’d never get 25,000$ for just the parts alone, and thats assuming i could get 10,000$ for the shell - oops forgot about a motor.

Suggestions please, I feel stuck / trapped!

Might sound dumb, but keep it as your daily driver, and then you don’t need to dumb down your track car to be capable of street driving. Like, you don’t need to have any emission crap on it, no interior whatsoever, all lexan windows, shit you’d never be able to get away with on the street.
If you can’t afford to do that, then I have no useful advice :smiley:

Haha dude you dont know what happened when that thing was my street car?

NOTE: My name is sasha and I have 0 self control to avoid extremely fun situations.

Ok i forgot to mention for those of you that don’t know I have a Jeep daily driver and a trailer to tow my race car around it would be a fully gutted caged non street legal on slicks all the time open exhaust RACE CAR

What is your 8,000 dollar alternative to the S14.

Whats wrong with the S14 for roadracing? Davie did just fine with his. So
did Quincy…

quicny wasdoing solo 1, davie had a KA, the problem is the car has way too much power and its not in a class realy anymore, to be in a class it needs another 350hp!!

sasha why don’t you do Solo 1 for now and go from there. I know its not door to door racing but you will be able to compete with other drivers.

Why is it you are not in a class? You mean your HP numbers place you in a class with cars twice your power output?

Andrew.

I had a KA for solo 1 at the time and the rules have changed then: it’s more flexible now.
The S14 with a SR in stock form is able to compete in solo 1. They thought I would return to race in it!!! 8) The car is also able to be classified in a class as long as you have the dyno showing 350whp, and you’ll be racing with Corvettes etc. and classed appropiately. You’d prob. be in the same class as Adam Hutchison.
Your car is way too nice to be banged up in GT racing. Thats what beaters are for. But then again nothing really happened in Davie’s car… even his bumpers are fine :wink:

What I would prob do in your case is buy a S13 shell and drop all your go fast bits into it minus the SR. Then gut it cage it and use it as a GT car.

hahaha done!

OR…
SR the S13…
RB the S14…

too many options eh??!!!

VH45DE!!!

Well, not to be a dick Sasha…but I think you know the answer to your $35,000 question. It just ain’t gonna happen.

The only thing that I think could work is start selling off “non-essential” parts that bring your asking price down to about a 15-20K car. I think that is the top of this market.

werd,

in my search for a car recently i saw some very nice and well set-up S14’s go in teh $12,000 - $14,000 usd range.

your car is sick, probably one of the nicest in the country.

ut i just dont think there is a market for the 240sx beyond $20,000

even that white silvia that was fully torn apart and put on ebay didnt get its reserve price which was just over $20,000 usd i believe.

u should do what you want, you’re crazy young and have the resources to do whatever you want really so dont stress over this.

part out the useless stuff and sell the car for 25 grand, it’ll sell.

i say wait for 3 fast and 3 furious (working title lol) to come out and THEN sell it. Rich kids follow trends.

P.S. can i buy your hanabi’s?

sell it and buy a charger y0. you know you want too. mmm hemi

ya I read about this, the charger went up in price by 43% or something and even more for the hemi version just from the Dukes of Hazzard movie!!! :thumleft:

So just wait and put a Hemi in there :lol:

you wont find a working hemi for under 20 grand.
you wont find a mint charger with a hemi for under 40 grand.

what ever you wanna do, go ahead spend the $50(?) on autotrader and “feel up” the market

ya you dont have carpet,

you need carpet to sell a car for 35k

i say sell a bunch of aftermarket parts on the car, sorta de modify the car. This will make you some money while also keeping your car in a proper selling range. This may take some time, but definately will be worht it.

Getting into biking eh ?? Its awsome i will be riding next season!

cheap on insurance (i am 18 with cheapo insurance on a 600 super sport)
cheap on gas
totally different experience of speed
Always can have some fun if in the mood to go fast when not at the track with you race car

I think haveing the bike, jeep, and track car would be an awsome combination. The bike can still give you that adernaline on the street and the jeep beng your daily driver to get you around.

not enough work for chasis???
Cusco Sway Bar F+R
Cusco Tower Bar F+R
Cusco rear camber arm
Cusco toe control rod
Cusco pillow tension rod
Cusco lower arm bar
Nagisa Fender brace
Nagisa shocks tower plate
HKS Hipermax II

^i think the above parts can give u ALL the work that u need for the S14
and i have all of them BRAND NEW for sale.
I had the same problem with u sasha, i wanted my s14 to be track ready and for street too, but the problem is i dont need an 350whp car for street, and thats just not right. i love my s14 just like u do, but what i would do is stop doing the engine, u will waste your money on the engine becasue in canada, none of the shop can give u what u want to be done on your engine, they just dont know how to FINE tune a high power car. if i were u i will focus on the chasis work, which will give u more fun then driving a 350whp car on the road.

ps. i know u like to daily drive it, but u wouldnt want tickets from the cop, and thats the reason i have to sell everything, think about it man, it will save u some time and money!