Selling to douchebags :tdown:

Long story short, this guy wanted my traction bars off my car. I pull them off and take a pic so he can look at them, etc. He says he’d give me 250 shipped, I take the offer, box it up nice and neat, etc.

He asks for my number, I give it to him, and he calls me several times about nothing. Saying its hot in the valley, etc.

I told him there are a few nics in the paint but its structurally sound, etc.

He gets them on Monday, and has been PMing me non stop complaining about the condition of the markings, saying he over payed, etc.

So I tell him, hey, you wanted them, I took pics, told you what the deal was.

Keeps giving me some bs.

:tdown: to fags like that

Heres a pic of my bars:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/hybridhatch/tractionbars.jpg

And heres someone selling there full race bars and listing them as EXCELLENT

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2135000-2135999/2135374_52_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2135000-2135999/2135374_53_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2135000-2135999/2135374_56_full.jpg

Mine were in better shape and I told the guy there were paint nics.

Am I wrong?

Sorry to make an emo thread, but damn it this guy is whack

‘markings’ on traction bars

haha, yeah - i worry about the paint condition of used suspension components too, keeps my shit up at night

next time…spray paint before u ship

ask him why hes puting traction bars on his show car, when he says “its not a show car” scream “exactly” and then discharge an airhorn into teh phone

hes a fucking cry baby, if he wants new, buy new

i had a similar experience when i sold one of my many many guitars a coupple years ago (it was then i realized that having the opportunity to buy a Porsche in decent shape for a good price >>>> having 14 guitars). anyway, the guitar in question had a small nick on it, and was touched up before it left the Fender factory. they did a good job of it and the only way to see it was if you held the guitar in a certian light at a certain angle, and it appeared to be a small dull spot about the size od a pencil erasser. it was on the top corner of the body, right where your arm rests when you are playing it (i really didnt care, and used it as a bargaining tool when i bought the guitar new because little stuff like that on MOST of my guitars doesnt bother me one bit). i put up pictures of it and used an eiting program to circle the area because no matter how many i took, i could not get it to show up on a picture. so the guy knew about it, and after he got it, he bitched me out about it for like a month and finally i was like ‘ok, if you’re really that bent out of shape over it, send the guitar back and i’ll give you your money back.’ he then says ‘uhhh, well i already insert list of modifications he already made to the guitar here so i couldnt really do that.’ i wanted to bad to be like ‘then shut the fuck up u peice of shit!’ but basically i told him i described it to the best of my ability and tried as hard as i could to get it to show up on a picture, but couldnt, so but agreeing to buy it, you agreed to accept the fact that you were buying this without actually being able to see the imperfection in it. if you wanted a perfect guitar, you should have bought a new one.

and for those of you who know anything about guitars, it was a Fender Telecaster made in Mexico (i had originally bought it to use a base for a project, but never got around to it) so its not like it was anything special or rare that a small blemish like that would decrease the value.

but serriously, i would offer to buy them back from the guy. be like ‘you know what? i’m sorry that you are not happy with them, and you are making that very apparent. so why dont you jsut send them back to me and i will refund you your money.’ i gaurnetee you he will say ‘well i already put them on my car and blah blah blah’ and then he has no controll power anymore.

no way buy them back for less money…unless u really dont need then cause ur selling the car…in that case FUCK HIM…he bought used traction bars for a daily driven street car

tell him to fuck off.

:sniffle: :cry:

Boo fucking hoo, I have no sympathy for you… It comes with the territory, EVERYONE has had someone do that to them or have been the whiner on the other end.

not your problem anymore…dont worry about it…

hahaha

Im not asking for sympathy, Im just asking opinions on if Im right.

I just have a feeling hes going to make some scammer thread on HT when I still have several thousand of dollars of parts waiting to go out the door

exactly

Ignore him he WILL go away eventually

if you have a LOT more parts going out

i would work on the customer svce with this dude

you’re right… but he could hurt your future sales

just from that standpoint alone i would work with him - to not lose the other potential sales with negative feedback.