Sensative son of a bitches

Give Don Imus his job back!

as much as I want to go into a rant, I wont… suffice it to say, we have alot of rights in the US, but there isn’t a right to not be offended by something. the man made a shitty joke. :shrug: so… yell at him and be done with it. there are SO many more important issues the media should be concerned with.

some people are such whiny bitches.

i thought the joke was funny as hell

funny comment i thought, even funnier in a country where free speech is guaranteed, that you can get fired over it. lawsuit?

white girls (or any other race) can be nappy too, so i don’t see the issue. i read that he called the knicks a bunch of “chest thumping pimps”… so… umm??? nothing ever came of that.

plus this guy insulted all kinds of people, famous, politicians, you name it. as soon as one comment toward black women is made, the shit hits the fan?

people need to stop being pansies.

have sharpton and jackson apologized to the duke players yet?

^^^ HAHAHA. YEAH RIGHT.

someone needs to start a website like www.giveimushisjobback.com

[quote=“RedDawg,post:5,topic:27531"”]

have sharpton and jackson apologized to the duke players yet?

[/quote]

god those 2 are the most useless ppl on the planet

fucking bull shit.

if an activist/racial group has a problem with what someone says on a public radio station, then they call for his termination. and he gets fired. WTF?!? i would understand if there was only one radio station, but there are hundreds, change the station and don’t listen to him…

im not saying what he said wasn’t a “dick” move, cus it was, but he shouldn’t have lost his job over it. Hot97, nyc’s most popular radio station which happens to primarily play hip hop had this guy on a call that made a good point, why would rappers, rapping about murder, bitches and drugs not be silenced or fired? why is there music played all day long and one person said one thing and now he’s fired. not the way i would have handled it if you ask me.

he makes so much money for those stations, it would be a loss for the radio station if he got fired.

fuck them.

*sons of bitches

" there a bunch of nappy headed hoes" i ROFL’D when i heard that on the radio at work the other day.

Imus is not the real culprit in this shameful incident

Commentary: Shaun Powell

[](http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070412/SPORTS08/704120551/1224/SPORTS08#postacomment)

In retrospect, outraged people shouldn’t have united and screamed “blank you” to Don Imus the past few days. No, instead, we should’ve stuck out our hand and said, “Thank you.”
http://www.indystar.com/graphics/clear.gif http://www.indystar.com/graphics/clear.gif
We should feel indebted to a shriveled, unfunny, insensitive frog for being so ignorant that he actually did us all a favor. He woke society the hell up. He grabbed society by the throat, shook hard and ordered us to take a long, critical look at ourselves and the mess we’ve made and ignored for much too long. He made us examine the culture and the characters we’ve created for ourselves, our impressionable young people and our future.
Had Imus not called a bunch of proud and innocent young women “nappy-headed hos,” would we be as ashamed of what we see as we are today?

Or, to quote Rutgers coach C. Vivian Stringer: “Have we really lost our moral fiber?”

And our minds as well?
I’m not sure if the past few days will serve as a watershed moment for this MTV, middle-finger, screw-you generation. Probably not, according to my hunch. A short time from now, the hysteria will turn to vapor, somebody will pump up the volume on the latest poison produced by hip-hop while Al Sharpton and the other racial ambulance chasers will find other guilt-ridden white folks to shake for fame and cash. The episode of Imus and his strange idea of humor will be older than his hairstyle. Lessons learned will be lessons forgotten.

I wish I were wrong. But I doubt it. Any minute now, black people will resume calling themselves bitches and hos and the N-word, and in the ultimate sign of hypocrisy, neither Rutgers nor anyone else will call a news conference about that.

Because when we get to the root of the problem, this isn’t about Imus. This is about a culture we – black folks – created and condoned and packaged for white power brokers to sell and shock jocks like Imus to exploit.
Tell me: Where did an old white guy like Imus learn the word “ho”? Was that always part of his vocabulary? Or did he borrow it from Jay-Z and Dave Chappelle and Snoop Dogg?

What really disappointed me about that exhausting Rutgers news conference was the absence of the truth and the lack of backbone and courage. Black women had the perfect opportunity to lash out at their most dangerous oppressors – black men – and yet they kept the focus on a white guy.

It was a tremendous letdown. I wanted Stringer and especially her players, many of whom listen to rap and hip-hop, to take Nelly to task. Or BET. Or MTV. Or the gangsta culture that is suffocating our kids. They had the ear and eye of the nation trained on them, and yet these women didn’t get to the root of the matter. They danced around it, and I guess I should’ve known better, because black people still refuse to lash out against those black people who are doing harm to us all.
Honestly, I wasn’t holding my breath for Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, a pair of phony and self-appointed leaders, because they have their agendas and financial stakes. I was hoping 10 young women, who have nothing on the line, who are members of a young culture, would train their attention to within the race, name names and say enough is enough. But they didn’t, and I was crushed.

You should walk around the playground and the elementary and high schools today and listen to how young black people speak to each other, treat each other and tease each other. You’d be ashamed. Next, sample some of their CDs and look at their video games. And while you’re at it, blame yourself for funding this garbage.

Black folks, for whatever reason, can be their own worst enemy. The media had us believe it was Don Imus. But deep down, we know better.

^^^ wow. applause

:word:

agreed. this is just retarded. and heres the thing… they should be able to use that in their song lyrics! its there perogative. do you not like it? Dont buy the album/change the radio station/turn the channel/ect.

do you know where else you might find laws against insult?
-Recently Egypt jailed an egyptian (spl?) blogger for insults against the government.
-women who insult men in many middle east countries are tried as criminals.
-ect.

you DO NOT have a right to be protected against being offended. its an ass backward interpretation of free speech.

well at least people are talking about this…

Imus isn’t the real bad guy
Instead of wasting time on irrelevant shock jock, black leaders need to be fighting a growing gangster culture.
JASON WHITLOCK

Thank you, Don Imus. You’ve given us (black people) an excuse to avoid our real problem.

You’ve given Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson another opportunity to pretend that the old fight, which is now the safe and lucrative fight, is still the most important fight in our push for true economic and social equality.

You’ve given Vivian Stringer and Rutgers the chance to hold a nationally televised recruiting celebration expertly disguised as a news conference to respond to your poor attempt at humor.

Thank you, Don Imus. You extended Black History Month to April, and we can once again wallow in victimhood, protest like it’s 1965 and delude ourselves into believing that fixing your hatred is more necessary than eradicating our self-hatred.

The bigots win again.

While we’re fixated on a bad joke cracked by an irrelevant, bad shock jock, I’m sure at least one of the marvelous young women on the Rutgers basketball team is somewhere snapping her fingers to the beat of 50 Cent’s or Snoop Dogg’s or Young Jeezy’s latest ode glorifying nappy-headed pimps and hos.

I ain’t saying Jesse, Al and Vivian are gold-diggas, but they don’t have the heart to mount a legitimate campaign against the real black-folk killas.

It is us. At this time, we are our own worst enemies. We have allowed our youths to buy into a culture (hip hop) that has been perverted, corrupted and overtaken by prison culture. The music, attitude and behavior expressed in this culture is anti-black, anti-education, demeaning, self-destructive, pro-drug dealing and violent.

Rather than confront this heinous enemy from within, we sit back and wait for someone like Imus to have a slip of the tongue and make the mistake of repeating the things we say about ourselves.

It’s embarrassing. Dave Chappelle was offered $50 million to make racially insensitive jokes about black and white people on TV. He was hailed as a genius. Black comedians routinely crack jokes about white and black people, and we all laugh out loud.

I’m no Don Imus apologist. He and his tiny companion Mike Lupica blasted me after I fell out with ESPN. Imus is a hack.

But, in my view, he didn’t do anything outside the norm for shock jocks and comedians. He also offered an apology. That should’ve been the end of this whole affair. Instead, it’s only the beginning. It’s an opportunity for Stringer, Jackson and Sharpton to step on victim platforms and elevate themselves and their agenda$.

I watched the Rutgers news conference and was ashamed.

Martin Luther King Jr. spoke for eight minutes in 1963 at the March on Washington. At the time, black people could be lynched and denied fundamental rights with little thought. With the comments of a talk-show host most of her players had never heard of before last week serving as her excuse, Vivian Stringer rambled on for 30 minutes about the amazing season her team had.

Somehow, we’re supposed to believe that the comments of a man with virtually no connection to the sports world ruined Rutgers’ wonderful season. Had a broadcaster with credibility and a platform in the sports world uttered the words Imus did, I could understand a level of outrage.

But an hourlong press conference over a man who has already apologized, already been suspended and is already insignificant is just plain intellectually dishonest. This is opportunism. This is a distraction.

In the grand scheme, Don Imus is no threat to us in general and no threat to black women in particular. If his words are so powerful and so destructive and must be rebuked so forcefully, then what should we do about the idiot rappers on BET, MTV and every black-owned radio station in the country who use words much more powerful and much more destructive?

I don’t listen or watch Imus’ show regularly. Has he at any point glorified selling crack cocaine to black women? Has he celebrated black men shooting each other randomly? Has he suggested in any way that it’s cool to be a baby-daddy rather than a husband and a parent? Does he tell his listeners that they’re suckers for pursuing education and that they’re selling out their race if they do?

When Imus does any of that, call me and I’ll get upset. Until then, he is what he is — a washed-up shock jock who is very easy to ignore when you’re not looking to be made a victim.

No. We all know where the real battleground is. We know that the gangsta rappers and their followers in the athletic world have far bigger platforms to negatively define us than some old white man with a bad radio show. There’s no money and lots of danger in that battle, so Jesse and Al are going to sit it out.

To reach Jason Whitlock, call (816) 234-4869 or send e-mail to jwhitlock@kcstar.com. For previous columns, go to KansasCity.com

^ Yes, people are talking about it. Unfortunately most of them are whiney liberal douchebags who are “talking” about how Imus should be fired.

heres the TRUTH:
You extended Black History Month to April, and we can once again wallow in victimhood, protest like it’s 1965 and delude ourselves into believing that fixing your hatred is more necessary than eradicating our self-hatred.
While we’re fixated on a bad joke cracked by an irrelevant, bad shock jock, I’m sure at least one of the marvelous young women on the Rutgers basketball team is somewhere snapping her fingers to the beat of 50 Cent’s or Snoop Dogg’s or Young Jeezy’s latest ode glorifying nappy-headed pimps and hos.

So Sharpton has nothing to say about that, but Don Imus should be fired for saying “Nappy headed hoes”???

People suck.