Serious mechanical question about lost power...

(Please feel free to move this thread if need be)

Okay, Im experiancing a loss of power just after each shift, the only way the keep it from loosing power is to keep the rpm’s up above 3 g’s meaning i have to tacked out before shifting.
Also so when i press the clutch in she drops down to almost 4-500rpm?

Im running new NGK plugs already
Replaced the distributor cap and rotor
replaced plug wires
running a short ram intake
Any suggestions?? Thanks

EDIT: 1993 Nissan 1600NX GA16DE

you might have a bad O2 sensor. I dont know what kind of car you have but I had the same simptoms with a 8v vw.

low on vtec fluid?

put some crack in the gas tank

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I just knew when I titled it “serious” that ya’ll would come and help. Im going to get some more “vtec” fluid right now, I origanally thought it was only for Hondas, but I can try it they said, and the crack juioce??? I guess you mean Lucas, so im going to add some more now… :kekegay:

Did you look for vacuum leaks?

I have not, That is a good idea thank you, I dont know if this would have anything to do with it, but the MAS has been replaced a few times, and i know that sometimes it idles rough, butu if i hold it around 2500 for a min, it then runs fine??? but im checking the vacuum llines here in a min.

Bump, any more suggestions, i havent found a vac leak yet, i put 93octane in iut today but dont see a differance, and i pulled the plugs and found then pretty black even thoough they have only 500 miles on them?

clocked cat. my dads firebird was fuckin strugglin to get to 3000rpm when his was clogged

potato in ur tail pipe?

No potatoe in the tail pipe. Ive had that problem before, still cant figure out how they grow in thier :dunno:
No clog in the cat.
Actullly about 2 weeks ago the pipe had a whole in it so i removed the cat awaiting a new exhaust.
and now the pipe entering the muffler is broken from beating the pipe expander on.
Do you think lack of back pressure is causing this?

No, lack of back pressure won’t cause your problem.

a turd in the fart can?

:kekegay: No, I dont have a fart can, im really not a true ricer. but i guess i deserve that.

I had someone have the same probly and his distrib was going bad. Car would run ok but then it would rev out at like 3200

break it down, fuel or spark

measure a/f ratio if thats good, its spark and if its not any of that, you dont even want to know what it is…

Well if motor is screwed up, thats good cause that will force the sr20det, but i’d like to run this engine another year, so without a a/f gauge how do i measure it, and if like a previous post mentioned the distributor is screwed up, can i buy one rebuilt or new or??? I ve never changed that before.
-Thanks guys for the suggestions

umm, is it smoking at all? and if it is what color is the smoke/

Thats the funny part, no smoke, if i over rev it it will puff a little touch of black, but thats only if i run it to almost 7grand.

then its prob ignition, or somethen else dumb like and air filter or somethen, i had a similar problem when my hatch still had 73hp, it endded up a wire in the dizzy being loose…