Serious question about Governor Patterson

this has weighed on my mind for awhile but other than parodies on SNL no one seems to mention it.

The fact Patterson is mostly blind bothers me.

Think about this in all seriousness.

Everytime theres a natural (or unnatural) disaster the president (or govenor/mayor ect ect ) tours the scene to get a true scope of the situation and to ok relief

How can you do that when your fucking blind?

How can you see first hand the poverty of upstate NY if you cant see it?!

What is the purpose of public protests when the guy cant fucking see them?

Where I work the CSEA recently had a rally on Albany, what difference does it make if the dude opened his curtains and there were a thousand people or a million? I bet (if he even was there or cared) he thought to himself “sure is loud out there”

I have no bias against handicaped people, I work with physically and mentally disabled people and my own father had visual limitations, the difference being when his sight faded he stopped driving, he retired from work, he didnt try and lead a state.

Think about it, I am sure Patterson is a capable man, capable of many professions…

Lets see how far he would make it as a NFL Referee, a Airline pilot, a taxi driver, a parts inspector at Ford ect ect

You get the point, theres certain jobs you need your eyes to see and theres certain things in life you really need to see first hand to understand…

edit - info on Patterson vision here-

As you all know having something explained to you and seeing it first hand is often night and day difference

I believe in reasonable accommodation, I feel as though in this case its unreasonable

anyone else agree with me?

if he was an nfl ref, hed fit right in

He couldn’t see the CSEA protest? He may be the best Governor EVAR!

hahaha

about the Patterson thing, I don’t think his physical disability limits him as much as his political one :stuck_out_tongue:

honestly though he’s not really qualified, IMO, to even be in the seat. He’s certainly proven it since good 'ole Elliot took off.

if it wasnt for spitzer he wouldnt be there, he certainly wouldnt win an election, fluke.

:bigclap:

lol :clap:

You do realize that other people can see and describe things for him, and he can also hear, right? :picard: He’s blind, not retarded.

Time to make bigger signs… or bring a megaphone.

If you can rewrite the original post verbatim in all pictures with no letters or numbers used you have a valid argument.