Serious question

if she has a history of stomach ulcers, drinking that much ETOH can deffinatly aggrivate them or cause them to bleed. I guess all you can do is wait to see what the results say…

i’m no doctor and i don’t even study health or anything, so i might be wrong.

but stomach ulcers tend to build complexity on actual things ‘infecting’ the ulcer, which liquor would make sense, but also the blood flow rate…

so if you are drinking alcohol and slowing down your metabolism and actual amount of blood in your system, i wouldn’t imagine alcohol to directly effect a stomach ulcer.

that would help explain why people like me have stomach ulcers… high stress

Originally posted by turbovw18

so if you are drinking alcohol and slowing down your metabolism and actual amount of blood in your system, i wouldn’t imagine alcohol to directly effect a stomach ulcer.

The probelm with the alcohol is even if your metabilism is slowed that doesn mean it slows how fast the alchol is being consumed and entering the stomach. Once its in the stomach it won’t slow till after it leaves the stomach itsself and the ulcers are in the stomach. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by BoostedITR41
not sure if vomitting blood is a symtom of heroine use but can be a symptom of withdrawl. it is also a early sign of HIV as well as other things(such as ulcers). check her arms for track marks. if she is on Oxy’s she could just be snorting them, but you can also do that with heroine. either way try to get her help before you kick her to the curb. did you try asking if she was on heroine or any other drugs? either way if you can help one of the million heroine adicts that are runnin around this area you should.

smart heroine addicts erither shoot between the toes or in the back of the knees. look for high sugar consumption. teeth and such play a big factor as well. dramatic weight loss is also another indicator. heroine is making a HUGE comeback… kinda sad.

Originally posted by Sight N Sound
The probelm with the alcohol is even if your metabilism is slowed that doesn mean it slows how fast the alchol is being consumed and entering the stomach. Once its in the stomach it won’t slow till after it leaves the stomach itsself and the ulcers are in the stomach. :slight_smile:
your statement all depends on if it’s peptic or gastric… regardless, blood flow rate and density(blood - alcohol in blood) will dictate the irratation. but i totally agree alcohol is not a good cure for a stomach ulcer.

also, i’ve seen a heroin user shoot up directly in their sclera… :eek:

If you have to question whether or not she is a drug user - should you really be dating her anyway.

There are plenty of other girls out there without shady pasts to find.

Originally posted by 2kaltima
If you have to question whether or not she is a drug user - should you really be dating her anyway.

well… ever since I heard these rumors and saw a few signs for myself… I’ve distanced myself

alcohol thins the blood, so any bleeding issue would be worsened by drinking.

Originally posted by 2kaltima

I take slight offense to this… as I have a “shady past” yet have changed my life around.

There is nothing wrong with having a shady past as long as it doesn’t affect the present.

Originally posted by huskysgrl
I take slight offense to this… as I have a “shady past” yet have changed my life around.

There is nothing wrong with having a shady past as long as it doesn’t affect the present.

Your past directly affects who you are. You would not be the person you are today in anything in your past has changed. All i’m saying is, don’t find some ex crackhead/drunk/loser to spend your time with. All that baggage just makes a relationship harder than it needs to be. There are plenty of “normal” people to date.

People always say they “changed”, but that is rarely the case.
Once a ______ always a _______ (fill in the blank ex. cheater/drunk/druggie/ricer :slight_smile: )