Service: Xbox 360 Modding

yeah, lots

What do you mean? I flashed my MS28 no problem. You just have to use a certain chipset SATA card.

oops i ment the one that u have to remove the chip epoxy. At least thats what he told me.

I think that’s the 79 drive, but I’ve been seeing some info about workarounds that don’t involved unsoldering the chip. Haven’t read much into it because I haven’t needed to yet.

yeah i brought my USB adaptor in for him and hes like fuck it, i have to desolder all sorts of crap. lol

lol i have the 28 drive, man i forget too easy.

damn i need this shit asap >_<

Ok I will work on a FAQ here. Let me know if you have direct question sfor now

Seems like a solid deal, soon as mine is back it is getting the treatment.

What if my DVD drive breaks or I get the ring of death After opening your xbox, you are pretty much on your own here. The warranty sticker must be broken to get into the dvd drive so once its opened, there is no sending it back to MS.

Is this a mod chip? No. I do not solder anything into your xbox. It does not allow you to run your own code. It is just a modified firmware that is on the dvd drive itself.

Ok, So what can i do with this? This mod allows you to play backup (burned) games. All you need to burn a game is the correct game image on your computer, a dual layer dvd burner that supports bitsetting (most seem to now), and some Dual Layer DVDs.

Will this work on my xbox? There is currently 3 drives used in the Pro/Core xbox’s: Phillips (BenQ), Samsung (MS25 and 28), and a series of Toshiba drives. In the elite there is only Phillips and Samsung. You can determine what drive you have easily by going to: http://www.xboxversions.com/images/360drives.jpg. If you have a Samsung you have the easiest to do and the safest. Toshiba is modable but you are at risk due to the technical aspects of this drive.

Will I get banned? There is ALWAYS a risk of getting banned by modifying your console. With a Samsung drive, the only real way is that MS issues a kernel update (Usually twice a year) that will cause different checks. Samsung drives have no way of running checks to determine if your firmware is modified so playing normal games will not get you banned (99% sure). The latest ban checks were some Toshiba drives had a sector on them where MS could run code and check to see if your firmware was modded. The latest software checks were things such as speed checking you drive to make sure it was reading the disc at the correct speed, disc size checks, and the latest was if the new firmware did not boot your game becuase it was patched wrong, it would have a log it and send it to MS. All these have been fixed with the latest firmware but there is always a risk of a ban.

Got any awesome guide to burning the games or software to use?

Burning is easy. You can rip your own but in involves using a drive with a new firmware on it and its a pain in the ass. Its easier to find them online and download them

After you get them, make sure you get DVDMulleter 9.7 i think its hte latest version and get ISO information from it. It should show up at iXtreme compatible and also Video/SS checkboxes there.

Then to burn the image, use imgburn. Free. Simple. Great for burning. Just select the .dvd file and your good to go.

im gonna check when i get home. holla.

whats the $$$$

What if my DVD drive breaks or I get the ring of death After opening your xbox, you are pretty much on your own here. The warranty sticker must be broken to get into the dvd drive so once its opened, there is no sending it back to MS.

MS doesnt even look anymore, they get so many of them they just throw them in the pile and send you a refurb. Also you can get that sticker off with a hair dryer. A few of my friends sent hacked 360s to ms and had no problems, they just sent them refurbed ones back.

I picked up one of the Kreon drives on ebay for $30 for burning. Drop in original 360 disk, one click in Xbox Backup Creator to rip it to the hard drive, one more click in ImgBurn to burn the image to a DL disk. It copies all the security sector stuff perfectly.

I was able to use a really sharp razor blade to peal back my warranty sticker without making it look like it had been removed. Not that it matters because like BuickGN said lots of people have had their systems replaced with a broken warranty sticker.

sounds fucking sweet. i’m stoked.

PM me that Kreon info Jay.

x2 if you’d consider it please

Id talk to a mod about becoming a paid advertisor also.

Kreon info:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Premium-Kreon-v-81-Samsung-SH-D162C-DVD-Drive-Stealth_W0QQitemZ300142607272QQihZ020QQcategoryZ3754QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That’s the guy I ordered from, but looks like his prices have gone up. Either that or I just forgot what I paid. Either way, it’s still pretty cheap.

http://www.360mods.net/Forums/viewtopic/t=1191.html
That’s the how to tutorial for using XBC (xbox backup creator). I don’t use XBC to burn the image though because I’ve had so much good luck with ImgBurn.

:praysforsamsungdrive: