Shadys Z31 - GlowShift Jigga What?

SO it runs

Proof:

Now I just have to find the vacum leak that is causing it to stall out

So wait it stalls on deceleration?

stalls when throttle plate is slammed shut yes…

Vacum leak somewhere

oh and a pic of the boost/vacum and oil press gauge

i can drive 300?

lol, i can haz turboz?

great build thread man. Glad to see its done!

Well im starting to think it might be somethign as simple and stupid as the idle screw…

When I hold it at 800 RPMS its fine, when i let go of the throttle it dies…

I couldent really mess with it tonight due to it being late… but ill start it up and let it warm um tommorow when i get home and see what happens

Does the Z31 have a TPS/IAVC?

ever hear about swapping a pathfinder manifold? of course it has a tps/iac ned

He removed the IACV, he has the TPS though.

The idleing issue has been taken care of. Due to removing the IACV the TPS got out of whack. Readjusted the TPS and everything is fine.

Now I have another issue, 1. I have to stop this coolant leak, its not bad but bad enough, its in an easy spot so tommorow I need to fix that.

Also took the car out around the block. First time it started to run out of gas, went and got some more and took it around again. Its stuttering at lower rpms and feels like its doggin when getting on it. Oil pressure is at about 60+ maybe more I couldent tell… and its boosting fine at a little over 6 lbs…

I belive it’s a timing issue. I just foudn out that earlier models had a differant timing map then later models. I have an 89 so I set it to 10 degrees per FSM, but I’m using the ECU from an 85 turbo which is 15 degrees. So tommorow I’m going to reset the timing and see if that helps. If not I have no idea what it is.

So today we retimed the car at about 15* give or take a few. Took the car out and spun 1st thru 3rd on the dirty pavement…

Slow as hell up till about 2300rpms after that the turbo kicks in, and give or take a few hundred rpms the cams start to take affect and it pulls pretty good.

Boosting fine for now, still have a coolant leak that doesnt want to stop.

Dropped the car off at inline a little while ago to have dave make me a downpipe/catless pipe from the turbo to the catback.

Was squirtin coolant from the lower hose I think, hes gonna pressure test the system for me and let me know whats going on.

Can’t wait to get the car back and acctualy be able to take it around and not worry about pissing to many people off.

might steal it from inline, provided dave gives me the keys :ninja

Sweet man! Almost done for the time being!

I need to bring my pile to Inline for some intercooler piping work…

What for your intercooler pipeing seemed pretty straight when I saw it, I dident inspect it that much but having problems?

I want it welded, fuck couplers, and I have to put my MAF back in the stock location.

Ehh I’d be carefull with welding, makes taking some of it in/out a bitch…a few parts probably wouldent be to bad but the whole system isnt a good idea

why would you take it out?

unless he money shots the motor…

welded > couplers

looks cleaner and you dont have to worry about leaks (if welded good) or replaceing couplers

burnin 3rd ehh? you sure you werent just burnin your clutch LOL

i was burnin 3rd in the stangggg today